Conflict

Hobbit

Hi Guys.

Bit of a problem! It seems CCleaner comes into conflict with my windows me System Restore prog. If I install CCleaaner System Restore will not work advising me to re-boot. Whilst CCleaner is installed this is a continuous cycle of events. By uninstalling CCleaner the System Restore again works perfectly. Any suggestions as to where the problem lies would be most grateful as I value both programs. Thanks. :):)

Under Windows ME, System Restore does not work.

Search for System Restore Remover Pro, and remove System Restore and PC Health, your computer and Windows ME will work a lot better.

22316[/snapback]

Thanks for replying Tarun,but why should I remove Windows Me System Restore!!!!!!,one of the redeeming features of this version of windows. Honestly given the choice between CCleaner and System Restore there is no contest. Ideally I was looking for a solution that would enable me to run both progs.

<_< I am using Windows ME with ccleaner, and System Restore works admirably. I have had to use it several times over the past year...... (due to my own stupidity). It occassionaly asks to reboot prior to using it.......but does work! I'm not sure I would remove it, but do await Tarun's answer??

..........and Make yourself a Great Day! Cheers, Lyle

Keep your software up to date

http://www.dozleng.com/updates/index.php?

<_< I am using Windows ME with ccleaner, and System Restore works admirably. I have had to use it several times over the past year...... (due to my own stupidity). It occassionaly asks to reboot prior to using it.......but does work! I'm not sure I would remove it, but do await Tarun's answer??

22351[/snapback]

Hi. My problem exactly only It does not matter how many time I reboot, 5 times consecutively last time, simply cant access System Restore without first uninstalling CCleaner.

P.S. I do value CCleaner and have recommended it to all my friends.

Hi. My problem exactly only It does not matter how many time I reboot, 5 times consecutively last time, simply cant access System Restore without first uninstalling CCleaner.

P.S. I do value CCleaner and have recommended it to all my friends.

22357[/snapback]

Hello,

I have read somewhere that if CCleaner is set to run at StartUp there is a created a problem with System Restore. If it is not run at startup your problem seems uniquely your own.

Hello,

I have read somewhere that if CCleaner is set to run at StartUp there is a created a problem with System Restore. If it is not run at startup your problem seems uniquely your own.

22553[/snapback]

Hi aarhus2004.

Thanks for that, Will RUN>MSCONFIG>STARTUP and remove CCleaner. Let you know how I get on.

System Restore on Windows ME was broken and always will be. They tried an update patch to fix it but it too didn't fix all the issues.

System Restore on Windows XP works fine, and does what they said. ME was a test subject for System Restore, and it failed.

In all honesty, just remove it. It's broken and it won't work. If you want a good system recovery application, get GoBack 2.x or 3.x

System Restore on Windows ME was broken and always will be.  They tried an update patch to fix it but it too didn't fix all the issues.

System Restore on Windows XP works fine, and does what they said.  ME was a test subject for System Restore, and it failed.

In all honesty, just remove it.  It's broken and it won't work.  If you want a good system recovery application, get GoBack 2.x or 3.x

22587[/snapback]

Hi,

Hate to differ but I have been rescued by this program more than once. Does GoBack relate to Norton in some way? If so don't think I'll be entertaining this suggestion. V.V.bad experience with Norton in the past..