CCleaner Ver3.03 deleting Firefox session

thefly

When CCleaner first added the ability to delete Firefox Session information and after losing all my tabs I have unticked this feature. Now in Version 3.03 I find that this has again been ticked without my knowledge and I have again lost my tab sessions. Why is it that this is being allowed to happen even when people had previously complained about this being made a default setting.

I use CCleaner to rid my system of unnecessary junk files that clog up my system not to hide or delete my browsing history. I'm sure that i am not the only person who uses it for that purpose. Now I will have to religiously watch for this every time I upgrade to a newer version.

Thanks for that suggestion. I'll try that but it was the newer version installation that seems to have overridden the previous setting. I am not the only person that this seems to have happened to. I have Firefox Version 3.6.13.00 and OS is Win XP Sp3 and CCleaner was Version 3.03.1366. I'll just have to check each time a new version comes out.

• Moderators

You shouldn't HAVE to check every upgrade, I believe that the sessions section was changed this upgrade (maybe I am not correct). However that said I check all my entries everytime I open a new version ccleaner (mostly to make sure that nothing new is being removed, or not removed, that I don't want it to be).

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Thanks to Nergal and TheWebAtom for their advice. To TheWebAtom first your suggestion of changing to Save setting to .ini won't work on mine as there are three different logins and each is customized for each separate user. So the default of the registry is the only option and to Nergal I think that you are correct on all counts as to the setting being changed in the last version. I also agree that you shouldn't have to check each time a new Version is released but that I will have to from now on.