Hide warning messages

ident

Should include startup items. (deletion)

Usually, you have what sounds like a good suggestion.

But what the? I am confused! Should include startup items? What does that mean? CCleaner already shows startup items...

Did you mean something else?

• Moderators

I think he's saying that if options>Advanced Hide Warning Messages is checked that CCleaner should not ask "This will permanently remove startup entries. Are you sure you want to do this?" when a startup item is highlighted and the delete button is pressed.

I worry about said idea because it would be easy to press delete accidentally instead of disable, and there is no turning back from this without the dialog.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I think he's saying that if options>Advanced Hide Warning Messages is checked that CCleaner should not ask "This will permanently remove startup entries. Are you sure you want to do this?" when a startup item is highlighted and the delete button is pressed.

I worry about said idea because it would be easy to press delete accidentally instead of disable, and there is no turning back from this without the dialog.

I agree. It would be easy to slip while you are eating your cookies & hit the wrong thing, or someone scare you & you click the button.

Having that 1 prompt would be something that isn't necessary, but it helps prevent something from being deleted that you may want back.

The way around this, if this were implemented, would be to automatically backup to a .reg key the path that was deleted so it can be restored if necessary.

Press delete accidental? That would be the users fault for having hide warning messages checked, and key word "There" fault. If warning messages is checked then ccleaner assumes you know what you are doing.

Linux for example, it assumes you know what you are doing. I know very much what i'm, doing. I have that checked because i dont need warning messages.

No fate but what we make

• Moderators

Hi, i recently edited the startup menu on CCleaner and accidentally deleted the ones i disabled and was wondering if i can get the original startup programs back as some parts of my laptop are not working as they should be.

Thanks in advance

You were saying? (and remeber that is WITH the warning message)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I'm still saying what my thread topic is. That is the users fault. Not ccleaner. With out a warning that particular user would of still messed things up.

No fate but what we make

Because he was given a warning the damage was his fault and he cannot tarnish the reputation of CCleaner as being as "safe" cleaner.

Had CCleaner NOT given a warning it is still his fault for doing what he didn't oughta,

but CCleaner would be guilty of enabling a naive user to wonder without warning into destruction.

Regards

Alan

Because he was given a warning the damage was his fault and he cannot tarnish the reputation of CCleaner as being as "safe" cleaner.

Had CCleaner NOT given a warning it is still his fault for doing what he didn't oughta,

but CCleaner would be guilty of enabling a naive user to wonder without warning into destruction.

Regards

Alan

true, but the "Hide warning" option is unchecked by default. An user would only check it when he knows what he is doing.

Simplicity is hard.

• Moderators

According to the documentation, Hide Warning Messages is 'Useful if you want to run CCleaner in silent or batch mode.' So maybe it applies only to data removal. I've no idea if you could remove startup entries in silent mode as I've never tried it, and it doesn't seem to be the sort of thing I'd want to try.

• Moderators

Well, blow me down with whatever. I've just ticked the Hide Warning Messages and attempted to clean some data and the warning message still appears. So no, I've no idea what this option does.

My point, After a fresh format the other day i ticked "hide warning messages" and instantly get on cleaning

"Firefox needs to be closed"

"This will permanently remove data from your computer"

etc

so what the hell does it hide lol

No fate but what we make