Filehippo Update Checker Vs Cnet TechTracker

Hachuu

I happen to have both Filehippo Update Checker and Cnet TechTracker on my computer because i can't decide which is better, they both have their up and downs, like Cnet has more programs on this site thus they check for more software which i have notices, Filehippo has more of the popular ones and some of my it doesn't pick up. But i think as Filehippos cleaner and less buggy, and i don't have to be logged into Cnet which is very annoying right now.

Sow hat do you guys think? I have looked over the Internet for simulator topics and it goes both ways both having Pros and Cons, although i think more people like Filehippo, but is is older and more stable compared to the newer and less stable Cnet Techtracker.

What do you guys think, who do you use?Maybe even SUMo?

Thanks

• Moderators

Hi Hachuu, and welcome to the forum.

Comparisons like this don't usually help too much as we all have a completely different set-up with our installed software.

I can say that I use FileHippo update checker myself, and I've never felt the need to use anything else, and I trust it as a download source.

Hope that helps.

I happen to have both Filehippo Update Checker and Cnet TechTracker on my computer because i can't decide which is better, they both have their up and downs, like Cnet has more programs on this site thus they check for more software which i have notices, Filehippo has more of the popular ones and some of my it doesn't pick up. But i think as Filehippos cleaner and less buggy, and i don't have to be logged into Cnet which is very annoying right now.

Sow hat do you guys think? I have looked over the Internet for simulator topics and it goes both ways both having Pros and Cons, although i think more people like Filehippo, but is is older and more stable compared to the newer and less stable Cnet Techtracker.

What do you guys think, who do you use?Maybe even SUMo?

Thanks

I use Sumo and I find it to be a very good program. A small reservation though:Should you decide to download SUMo, please ensure that you download the lite version (find it on the download page, it is the link with the letters "RK" crossed out ). The full version comes with a program called Relevant Knowledge, which is detected by most security software as spyware.other than that, no probs.Download here

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version

FileHippo doesn't find anything on my system - 6 or 7 programs even though there are far more. Secunia's PSI detects much more, probably because Secunia has a larger program database.

Piriform French translator

I use Filehippo's, maybe once every few weeks or so, just in case I've missed something. It has never found anything that needs updating, mainly because I always update the programs myself (though, I have autoupdate disabled for most of the software installed).

I don't see the need to update checker though, because it takes only a minute or two to see which things have new versions available.