Creative Install : Remote Highly Critical Flaw

Nullack

Hey folks,

So I ran Secunia's PSI and found that since installing my sound card I've been exposed to a highly critical remote security flaw that was reported to Creative way back in 2008........I actually have an Azuntech sound card but that also uses the Creative software.

Have asked Creative for a schedule to fix this.

More info here:

http://forums.creative.com/t5/Windows-7/Driver-Attempts-To-Corrupt-Kernel-Install-Exposes-Highly/td-p/560848

• Moderators

B) wow at first I was skeptical of this post, it coming from a 10 poster and all, but I know secunia well and so I went to their site and checked out PSI pretty good and handy. gonna have to try it out on a system that I don't update and patch and fix (I got a perfect 100% score on my laptop, but I knew I would :) )

Good post, stick around we like helpful people :)

Quick not, this is much better program when placed in advanced mode, it found that the last update to adboe flash did not delete the previous version of the activex from my machine and that I still had adobe svg install even though it was End of life)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Thanks, Nullack, good software.

I just ran it under PS. As far as I know, it doesn't do anything until you tell it to. It makes a very complete inspection, but one should know enough about ones system to make decisions about each item.

I would use it just as what it says it is, an inspector, to tell me things I need to know about old HAL here.

Quibbles:

It found an obsolete Norton installer on my D: drive. That is the restore partition that comes with HP computers. I wouldn't want to change that.

It found some installers on my external USB drive and tagged them as insecure, which they are, of course, but I just keep them, do not use them.

It must be connected to the 'net to finish the inspection.

Much of the stuff that it tagged as "End-Of-Life" is payware. It is out of date but will necessarily remain so. For example, MS Office 97, IE 7, Winzip 9. :P

Edited by login123

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

Quibbles:

It found an obsolete Norton installer on my D: drive. That is the restore partition that comes with HP computers. I wouldn't want to change that.

It found some installers on my external USB drive and tagged them as insecure, which they are, of course, but I just keep them, do not use them.

It must be connected to the 'net to finish the inspection.

Much of the stuff that it tagged as "End-Of-Life" is payware. It is out of date but will necessarily remain so. For example, MS Office 97, IE 7, Winzip 9. :P

Interesting observations login 123, something for folk to watch out for.

Also welcome to Nullack :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com