How to uninstall a program

ixodid

I'm trying to uninstall a wireless USB adapter and nothing so far has worked. Someone suggested CCleaner to "forcibly remove" the program.

I tried CCleaner's Uninstall but that did not work. How do I get rid of said program?

Doesn't the USB software come with it's own uninstaller or can you go to Control Panel and "Add or Remove Programs"??

Richard S.

Yes, it comes with its own uninstaller.

I've tried uninstalling from Programs. I've tried uninstalling from Add/Remove Programs. No luck

I went into Safe Mode and went to Device Manager and found a ton of Linksys entries under Network Adapters but when I tried to remove them I got a message saying they cannot be removed because they may be needed to boot the machine.

I restart in normal mode and go to Device Manager but there is nothing that says Network adapters.

I also unchecked it in the Services tab in System Configuration Utility - no change.

I ran Regedit, went to HKey_Local_Machine\System\Current Control Set\Services\<drivername> and changed the "Start" value to 4 which means disabled - no luck.

So is there no way to make CCleaner "forcibly remove" the program as was suggested to me?

BTW this is Windows XP.

So is there no way to make CCleaner "forcibly remove" the program as was suggested to me?

BTW this is Windows XP.

Use the registry cleaner section to remove unwanted and/or leftover files. Then try this utility from Windows Sysinternals:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

and turn off everything with your unwanted program name. Also try regedit. Be careful not to screw up ur system by getting carried away!