How to Un-Install AVG

tommyk

I think AVG has seen it's better days what with the every day updates and having to reboot constantly (my machine, anyway)

I would like to un-install it, but it appears to be a daunting task. My REMOVE/AD won't delete it and I'm afraid to delete it manually.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also: Is AntiVir the "new" free Anti-Virus to use?

Thanks

Yes! Add/remove should do the trick if you turn off avg first. Also, any good virus program will update a lot, but not reboot a lot.

If it isn't broke, tweak it.

• Moderators

Eptaylor I dont want to be rude but I have deleted almost all of your posts. They all keep telling users to go to other forums. If thats what they wanted they would have joined there in the first place!

I know I wasnt around today to answer questions, I was having real life events that I had to deal with. I know the other regulars here have been very busy as well and that dosen't matter. We always give polite, swift responses whenever we can. This is your one and only warning.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tommyk stop avg's processes(right click the avg icon in the taskbar) and then try to uninstall it via the control panel.

I suggest you fill out this one year trial for etrust as its replacement. This is the best deal you will find anywhere and is leaps and bounds ahead of the other free AVs.

http://www.my-etrust.com/SubscriptCenter/M...gistration.aspx

Edit:

Sorry Gunner for posting the same answer. I was busy ranting and posting at the same time as you. :lol:

I think AVG has seen it's better days what with the every day updates and having to reboot constantly (my machine, anyway)

I would like to un-install it, but it appears to be a daunting task. My REMOVE/AD won't delete it and I'm afraid to delete it manually.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also: Is AntiVir the "new" free Anti-Virus to use?

Thanks

tommyk,

To uninstall AVG correctly, according to their instuctions, download the latest "install" file of the free version and run it. At one point you will have the option of repair or uninstall. Of course pick "uninstall". That seems to remove all of their components better than any other way.

Hope this helps,

Normandie

have you tried turning it off and deleting it from add/remove as suggested? seems like the best route to me. Good luck, and let us know.

If it isn't broke, tweak it.

AVG does have a uninstall option.....Start/Programs/AVG/Uninstall AVG Free Edition for Windows. You might give that a go.

I have been using AVG Free for almost a year and have never had to reboot after downloading an update. (As Yet) AVG 7.1 is available soon, coming in 2 parts updatable starting Oct 24th I believe.

..........and Make yourself a Great Day! Cheers, Lyle

Keep your software up to date

http://www.dozleng.com/updates/index.php?