Unusual / Funny Signs

Tasgandy

During my recent "Road Trip" of Victoria & South Australia I came across several "unusual sign's" by the side of a lake.

Now I am sure all of you out there have from time to time come across unusual, funny, stupid, hard to understand, "now that's a DUMB sign" etc. why not share them?

I don't know if there are any takers out there that wish to participate in this subject, in the hope that there are I submit the following 2 sign's.

Now these 2 sign's were located at the same "Recreation/Tourist" location at Mt. Gambier in South Australia.

One sign refers to the water quality and the other refers to water sports. Remembering that to partake in these nominated water sports (sign 1) one needs to & will get wet. In light of this the other sign is "Dumb" hard to fathom. B) (These sign's were 3 metres apart).

So folks, wanna join in?

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

• Moderators

@ ishan_rulz

There was a sign just like that in a Grand Theft Auto game. I've always wanted one for my car parking area but opted for a window note with "If you park in my designated spot again your car will suddenly smell like a thousand camels buttocks.":lol:

Logged on here using Puppy 5, no idea what this will look like. :-)

th_Water_on_road.jpg

Looks like it worked, so here is another.

th_diesel_chicken.jpg

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

@ ishan_rulz

There was a sign just like that in a Grand Theft Auto game.

LOL I remember that too. Vice City.

My current avatar is a custom edit of my old one,which was a sign telling people to pick up their dogs poo. :D

dog-poo-sign-cut-766725350x290.jpg

no%20dog%20poo%20sign.jpg

The internet - Where men are men, women are men and children are FBI agents.

Logged on here using Puppy 5, no idea what this will look like. :-)

Looks like it worked, so here is another.

They look just fine from down here in Tasmania Login123, her is another one I thought was topical in this forum.

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

Hi, metalj. No, had not seen those, they are funny. My all time favorite is not very common nowadays. At gas stations, you used to see:

EAT

GAS

HERE

Now, who could pass that up?

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

• Moderators

I came across an amusing one about a year ago.

I was done by a speed camera doing 34mph in a 30mph limit, and as it was just over the limit, I was given the choice of points on my licence with a ?60 fine, or attend an afternoon course on "road safety" with no points on my licence.

The course cost ?60, so I wasn't saving anything, but a clean licence was worth an afternoon in a classroom.

Turned up at the centre and was directed to a room with a "Safe Driving Instruction" plaque on the door.

And right below that plaque was another one saying, "No animals allowed except Guide Dogs". :blink:

Dennis....34 in a 30 zone? A ticket for that? ...seems awfully strict.

• Moderators

Yep, it is strict.

I went through a speed camera which is painted bright yellow, and has been in the same location for years. On this occasion, I must have been talking to someone to get distracted, as I usually slow for this camera without thinking about it.

A patrol car driver may allow you some leeway, but a static camera is a different animal. It depends how strictly it's been set up, and whether or not the area in which you live allows so much for the inaccuracy of the technology, meaning your speedo and the camera.

I may have have just triggered it, but then again it might have been set up to trigger at 31mph. Who knows?

Served me right because I knew it was there.

And just for info, I never saw anyone on that course accompanied by a guide dog. :)

I guess as long as the dog isn't actually driving it would be OK. ??