Not all files being cleaned

I'm running the latest copy of CCleaner 2.31.1153 and am finding not all unnecessary files are being deleted & the registery isn't being cleaned properly either.

After running CCleaner & then running EasyCleaner it is finding a lot more unnecessary files & registery entries.

I've posted the screen shots to illustrate what I'm talking about.

Why isn't CCleaner finding all of these?

Thanks,

post-37636-127418327858_thumb.jpg

post-37636-127418329207_thumb.jpg

post-37636-127418330248_thumb.jpg

Harry H.

Finding more entries doesn't mean the cleaner is better.

Don't forget the Registry is really complicated - it's not made to be understandable by a human. A cleaner cleaning lots of entries will have a higher probability of deleting an useful key and thus create problems wink.gif

Piriform French translator

If EasyCleaner is detecting more registry entries and junk files for you, who is preventing you from using both that and CCleaner???

I recommend you to make a system restore point first and backup the registry using a program called Erunt.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

Hello All,

I am not that familiar with this wonderful utility. Neither am I comfortable using this forum as it totally new to me so I am at a disadvantage. I'm hoping I can send up a flare and get some help from someone. When I run the CCleaner it seems to work well except that I have to run it again to delete temporary files for some reason. It's not that troublesome and I don't mind a few extra minutes. I'm just wondering if this is natural occurrence and nothing to worry about or should I do something else. Please help if you can see this message and you can send a reply, simply stated to Thanks so much from a computer illiterate.

Edited by Andavari
Removed email address

If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain. (Emily Dickinson-1830-1886)

• Moderators

Warlock please don't post your email address on forums, it's a super easy way of getting spammed, etc. All correspondence related to the forum and software can be done on this very forum, emailing is never required for help on here.

I'm running the latest copy of CCleaner 2.31.1153 and am finding not all unnecessary files are being deleted & the registery isn't being cleaned properly either.

After running CCleaner & then running EasyCleaner it is finding a lot more unnecessary files & registery entries.

I've posted the screen shots to illustrate what I'm talking about.

Why isn't CCleaner finding all of these?

Thanks,

And in your own mind are you capable of deciding each listed entry is safe to delete? I know the answer to this because of the question you have posted.

Aggressive registry cleaners are an extremely common problem with computers not being able to boot up. CCleaner is a safe (as registry cleaning can be ever deemed safe) cleaner.

I could run a registry cleaner now that would tell me i have over 1k bad entrys and ccleaner only 50. Would be computer be any faster after deleting the 1k entrys to the 50? NO.

Don't be fooled into using crap software. Stick to what is reputable. Piriform is a renown name known all over the world.

Besides, you only really need to reg clean after an instillation (maybe)

"warlock:"

It is also a good idea to post all un related questions in your own thread.

I suggest you do so now and then i'll reply there. Noisy threads ruin searches by other users.

No fate but what we make

If EasyCleaner is detecting more registry entries and junk files for you, who is preventing you from using both that and CCleaner???

I recommend you to make a system restore point first and backup the registry using a program called Erunt.

I agree with your remark & that is exactly what I do.

I was just wondering why two different software packages would react differently to a file cleaning.

Harry H.

I agree with your remark & that is exactly what I do.

I was just wondering why two different software packages would react differently to a file cleaning.

Of course, different software are designed differently.... some are made for this kind of user, some other software is designed for that user.

However, the only thing I could warn you is that, aggressive registry cleaners are more likely to cause problems. CCleaner detects less but safer but not completely safe.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

Warlock please don't post your email address on forums, it's a super easy way of getting spammed, etc. All correspondence related to the forum and software can be done on this very forum, emailing is never required for help on here.

Thanks so much for the advice. Warlock

If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain. (Emily Dickinson-1830-1886)

Hi Andavari,

I hope you received my sincere thank you and if you did not here it is again. Warmest regards for the advice.

Warlock