PSIService.exe

MrParts

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with CCleaner removing a file called PSIService.exe I can only view it in Task Manager on a Windows XP SP3 machine.

It's an authentication cookie (I think) that is part of Corel's Paint Shop Photo X2 or PSPX2. PSPX2 won't run without it. I have to reinstall/repair the program everytime CCleaner removes it.

I have done a search of my files and found the exact file and folder. I put them (and anything else I found) on the ignore list yet CCleaner still removes it about every 5th time I use scan.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Anyone know of a fix or workaround?

Are you using the Registry cleaner ?

The only items cleaned by the Corel PaintShopPro X2 section are Registry keys, so it would be a really big bug if it deleted something else.

Piriform French translator

• Moderators

I see this service annoys quite a few folk

http://www.mydigital...psiservice-exe/

1. One super easy way to deal with it without those instructions of renaming/deleting files is to set it to the startup type 'Manual', thus not destroying it should it be needed again which will avoid reinstalling a whole software package.

2. Then create shortcuts in the offending software's start menu group with that service which will allow for it to be started/stopped only when wanting to use the software that requires it.

Of course doing that means having to use the manually created shortcuts for starting/stopping it.

Example of two shortcuts I've made in the Corel start menu folder to manually control the Protexis Licensing V2 service:

Start:

Name: Start Protexis Licensing V2

Shortcut properties/path/target: net start "Protexis Licensing V2"

Shutdown:

Name: Shutdown Protexis Licensing V2

Shortcut properties/path/target: net stop "Protexis Licensing V2"