Cool video

DennisD

Really well made.

Excellent Video which brings back memories of November 1969

My own 1967 Renault 10S Rally Car, 18 months old, during a testing session 3 days prior to the local Rally in the Snowy Mountains of NSW Australia, I managed to (my mistake) "flip" Roll the vehicle 5 times. 3 time end for end (diagonally front right to left rear) then rolled twice sideways coming to a rest on it's roof with my service vehicle hot on my heels (right way up) watching the whole event. When they manage to stop and reach the vehicle, my Navigator was still strapped in hanging upside down yelling out "you OK". I was lying on my back on the roof of the vehicle (upside down remember), head towards the front, legs towards the back of the vehicle also yelling out "you OK Mike". As the dust was settling, about 11.00pm at night the service crew guys who had just arrived were also yelling out "you OK".

However a happy ending, Mike the Nav only broke his finger when he fell from his seat down on to the roof when the guys extracted him from his "full harness" seat belt. I on the other hand being large and heavy managed to snap the seat belt as I landed on my back lying on the roof, only had a small gashes on my head as I bounced around the inside of the vehicle as it was doing it's "roll over".

Needless to say the Renault 10S was a complete wright off and I admit that I had to do some creative wording on my Insurance claim. That episode and getting married cured me of the "need for speed" and the video I just watched brought it all back. :P

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

That was indeed a good story about rallying. For years now I've had an itch to do a tarmac Targa event, but it would be too expensive.

TARGA you say, well TARGA Tasmania started here yesterday during a wild & windy day with wind speeds of up to 130kph with the following results reported.

White leads after Targa day of crashes

Tasmanian driver Jason White is the new leader in this year's Targa Tasmania tarmac rally.

The Lamborghini driver is eight seconds ahead of Steve Glenney, after five stages in the state's north-west.

The defending champion Tony Quinn is third in his Nissan.

Three drivers have been taken to hospital with minor injuries after crashes earlier today.

Posted Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:08pm AEST

:D

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"