OverClock

Vanguard382

I would not bother Vanguard382, you have a fast processor, just leave it as it is.

Overclocking can sometimes cause more problems than you really need.

Also, by overclocking you will be making your processor work harder which in turn will make it get hotter, so you would possibly need to improve air circulation by adding another/improved fan.

Others may disagree with this, if so, read their posts as well and make your own mind up.

• 4 weeks later...

well im watercooling it because it would make my comp look cool, and it would be a f***ing fun ass project. I work on my computer to make it faster and for the fact that i enjoy working on projects. My new case is suppose to come tomorrow inthe mail. I CANNOT f***ing WAIT!!

IPB Image

Insert random C4 joke here.

If you dont know how to overclock your CPU then you should not do it. Overclocking is something done by advanced computer users who know what they are doing.

Overclocking is usually done by raising the FSB (Front Side Bus) or by raising the Multiplier.

It depends on what computer you have, methods todo this can be the BIOS, jumpers or switches on the motherboard.

When you overclock your CPU, it goes on a frequency higher than it is supposed todo and more heat will be generated. Before you try to overclock you need to know the temperature of your CPU.

And when you overclock the CPU shall not go too high because then you might damage the CPU. To avoid getting the CPU too high, you can invest in better fans or heatsinks. Advanced users sometimes use watercooling.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

If you dont know how to overclock your CPU then you should not do it. Overclocking is something done by advanced computer users who know what they are doing.

Overclocking is usually done by raising the FSB (Front Side Bus) or by raising the Multiplier.

It depends on what computer you have, methods todo this can be the BIOS, jumpers or switches on the motherboard.

When you overclock your CPU, it goes on a frequency higher than it is supposed todo and more heat will be generated. Before you try to overclock you need to know the temperature of your CPU.

And when you overclock the CPU shall not go too high because then you might damage the CPU. To avoid getting the CPU too high, you can invest in better fans or heatsinks. Advanced users sometimes use watercooling.

totally agree with you, man, its not for beginner im hoping to sometime in the future bump up my processor but i dint know you could overclock with the fsb?

IPB Image

Insert random C4 joke here.

You actually can overclock using the FSB.

Example, using a FSB of 100 MHz and a Multiplier of 9 you get 900 MHz.

If I raised my Multiplier to 9.5 for example, it would be FSB (100 MHz) x Multiplier (9.5) I would get 950 MHz.

But I could also raise the FSB from 100 to lets say 105 MHz. Then 105 x 9 = 945 MHz.

Raising the FSB can let you overclock your CPU in smaller steps than if you increase the Multiplier.

However, increasing the FSB can also increase the speed of PCI busses and other stuff which might canse system instability.

If anyone of you gonna experiment with overclocking, then take small steps and keep an eye on the temperature and hints of system instability and beware of the risks.

You can fry your CPU and you dont want that!

firefoxblue4yw.gif

80x15_3.png

Not sure how much it can be overclocked, but that is a good CPU which can run pretty much anything, so you dont need to overclock it. Also you dont want to fry that, its pretty expensive. ;)

But you can try overclock it, little by little, but keep an eye on system stability and CPU temperature.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

80x15_3.png

• 3 months later...