Just a thank you note

AndrewWhite

Dear Sir,

Today I decided to try your new program Speccy. After I installed the program on my computer. The CPU temperature was displaying 100 degrees. I understand this is highly abnormal. So I did a quick search online for advice. Opinions stated, a poorly seated CPU or a dirty fan and cooler. I immediately removed the CPU and fan and cooler and cleaned the fan and cooler and reapplied CPU paste and reseated the CPU. The CPU was originally installed by proffesional system builder. But I suspect wasnt seated correctly. The CPU tempurature is now a steady 50 degrees. If it hadnt been for your program I would not have noticed this alarming issue. I would like to sincerely thank you for providing such excellent software.

kind regards

Andrew W

I've been using SpeedFan for awhile. When Speccy was installed the two programs matched readings for HDD and CPU. Then a week ago SpeedFan stopped providing the HDD reading, so now rely on Speccy.

Has anyone here also experienced SpeedFan failure?

Just as a double check, SpeedFan is a dedicated utility for monitoring the temperatures. http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php . See if you get close temperatures.

AJ

AJ,

Thanks for the info about SpeedFan. See my post of 3rd March - I don't get CPU or MotherBoard temps/fan speeds with Speccy, but SpeedFan provides all I need.

Thanks.

P.S. Sorry Piriform, I am switching to SpeedFan.

P.P.S Why did nobody answer my post?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I too would like to add my thanks.

After free applications like AIDA32 and Everest Home Edition went the way of the dinosaurs there wasn't a free alternative that I could use.

Speccy looks like it could fill this gap quite nicely.

Hopefully it goes from strength to strength.

Keep up the good work!