CCleaner has damaged my mp3 pc software

c33

I have a pc ( windows vista basic ) which is just over a year old and had no problems with using the packages and was able to drag and drop my music onto my mp3.

After i upgraded to windows 7 , i encountered problems whereby my pc was increasingly slow. I called Microsoft who assisted me into removing this ( as they had admit - together with customer complaints , that windows 7 was causing this problem)..

Even though it was removed from my pc , i continued to experience increasinging amount of slowness and at times my pc will freeze for a min or so. Someone then mentioned CCleaner , so i tried it and it did help somewhat. When i experienced the big freeze and activate CCleaner , my pc began running again and ran a little bit faster. I used it for 6 months , but recently when i tried to load music from my music file, the driver software i use to put music onto my mp3 failed to activate.

At first i thought their was a fault with the mp3 - although when i connect the usb it shows on the mp3 that its connected..

I tried another mp3 and again the driver refused to activate

I tried the ports on my pc and they are all working properly

I went to Device Manager and got a message saying

Windows cannot load hardware as the registry is incomplete or damage , code 9

As i said i was always able to use my mp3 but since using ccleaner it seems it has damaged my software. How can this be retified???

And before someone says do i click the files before scanning them. Yes i do :angry:

Firstly you say you have been using ccleaner for 6 months with out any bad experiences. And now all of a sudden some thing has gone wrong so it must be ccleaner?

You have no evidence of this or not provided us any evidence to help assist you in correcting the problem.

Did you use the registry ccleaner recently? Can you remember last time the mp3 player worked properly?

If so have you tried restoring the pc to a previous time when working?

If you did run the registry cleaner did you make a back up? Have you tried merging the back up?

If it was the registry cleaner that may of possibly deleted an entry it's down to the user to check all entry's before deleting

Google is your friend if you have a specific error & code http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123

If you go to m$ web site & on vista it can diagnose the problem for you http://support.microsoft.com/gp/hardware_device_problems

No fate but what we make

Firstly you say you have been using ccleaner for 6 months with out any bad experiences. And now all of a sudden some thing has gone wrong so it must be ccleaner?

You have no evidence of this or not provided us any evidence to help assist you in correcting the problem.

Did you use the registry ccleaner recently? Can you remember last time the mp3 player worked properly?

If so have you tried restoring the pc to a previous time when working?

If you did run the registry cleaner did you make a back up? Have you tried merging the back up?

If it was the registry cleaner that may of possibly deleted an entry it's down to the user to check all entry's before deleting

First of all i would not accuse Ccleaners product has their had not been anything else i used . I mentioned that i was happy with it , so why would the accusation be pointed at CCleaners?. The reason being the error message i recieved on Device Manager which started the registry is incomplete or damaged.

When i experienced these slow runnings on my pc, i used Ccleaner . I used it everyday , since using it i hadnt been

checking my driver software.

Even when i go onto the windows and try to update any of windows software in hopes this will restore the driver . It brings up a list of errors which wont allow any updates :angry:

I have already stated that i make it my duty to check what i am scanning and hadnt made any changes.. I did however go into Registry and clicked all on the list and scanned for issues.. Could this have caused it ?

I have already stated that i make it my duty to check what i am scanning and hadnt made any changes.. I did however go into Registry and clicked all on the list and scanned for issues.. Could this have caused it ?

Probably since it's a registry error. Always back up and check entrys.

I suggest using ERUNT, it will make a back up at system start up of the registry

have you tried system restore yet and gone to the links i posted????/

No fate but what we make

Probably since it's a registry error. Always back up and check entrys.

I suggest using ERUNT, it will make a back up at system start up of the registry

have you tried system restore yet and gone to the links i posted????/

Indent , No i havent system restore because i dont have the programmes to reinstall :(

May i ask what is thye point of using ERUNT now? will this reinstall the lost driver?... Im not pc lierate as you can see so if its not gonna work than whats the point

No i havent system restore because i dont have the programmes to reinstall :(

May i ask what is thye point of using ERUNT now? will this reinstall the lost driver?... Im not pc lierate as you can see so if its not gonna work than whats the point

You havent the programs to restore? if the problem is new, which i assume it is, just restore from a day or 2 ago?

do you under stand what restore is? i'm not talking about reformatting

I have offered suggestions and you are not doing them,

have you clicked the 2 previous links?

system restore http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial143.html

also erunt wont help now but it will help in future in case something like this happens again.

we can only offer suggestions but you must put in the work

No fate but what we make

hohoho.. relax dude~! :P

hello c33... :) there are many possibilities for you to get that kind of problem. CCleaner won't effect your computer except of one thing.. cleaning the registry. most of the times, it works well but sometimes, it might not. make sure you make a backup of your registry before you clean those data. other than this, i can't find any other reason. :unsure: it should be something happen in your PC.

Then if you're saying that CCleaner is not what caused your problem... THEN WTF ARE YOU POSTING THIS THREAD ????

PS: You're contradicting yourself,

1- you ran CCleaner

2- you then connected ur mp3 player

3- it didnt work, so you put the blame on CCleaner

4- and now you're on this forum... waiting for an answer...

Frikin trolls, i swear...

ps: i've more than 20 apps in my PC which include media player and etc... it works well and u know wt...~ i never make any backup of my registry coz i trust it and it never give any problem to my PC. :lol:

The only solution for any problem is to be (or pretend to be) happy =]

You havent the programs to restore? if the problem is new, which i assume it is, just restore from a day or 2 ago?

do you under stand what restore is? i'm not talking about reformatting

Its not a case of im not following what you say . Its a case of WILL it work.. I thought CCleaner was a means to an end and it was a savour for a short while but then messed up my system :( . I dont know what reformatting is and how will it help in relation to restoration of my driver?

As far as I'm aware Ccleaner doesn't get involved with hardware drivers therefore I think your claims of damage based on circumstantial evidence are unfounded.

You say you have an mp3 player, is this a flash drive based player or one that uses property software nonsense such as the iPod??

Perhaps you're current drivers or software for your player is not fully compatible with Windows 7??

Richard S.

c33, check out the documentation page.

look at wt actually it's used for~ it won't cause the problem! :unsure: it's like "how on earth a sponge can destroy a car" (not really equal but i think; this example can be used... lol! :P )

Its not a case of im not following what you say . Its a case of WILL it work.. I thought CCleaner was a means to an end and it was a savour for a short while but then messed up my system :( . I dont know what reformatting is and how will it help in relation to restoration of my driver?

The only solution for any problem is to be (or pretend to be) happy =]

Look, i don't know what will or wont work, But if you're not going to bother reading what i write how can i help you?

Now, for the last time. have you clicked the links i posted???

CCleaner has not done any thing. You have. It cant just delete registry entrys. YOU have by clicking fix.

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/hardware_device_problems

click that link and follow what it says

No fate but what we make

c33, you clearly have no intention in resolving this issue so i will let some one else take over. I have offered advice which potentially could fix your issue and has just been ignored.

Marmite was speaking of your rising to his posts. And once again you have just replied with remarks back which clogs up this forum with unwanted crap.

If some one offends you ignore it and let a mod deal with it. Mods do have a life out side of here and not always about to assist.

No fate but what we make

• Moderators

Done, which means a few posts here may refer to the posts I've removed, but I think we can live with that.

EDIT: It was either do a big cleanup of this topic or delete it and start again, so I've removed all references and exchanges with the now banned member.

So you'll forgive me if you find posts irrelevant to the thread, missing.

:)

I have downloaded this but when the windows powershell finished installing it asked if i wanted to use this to diagnoise.. I clicked yes 3 times and then another screen came up with all kinds of information.. I must add that i do not have windows 7 , i uninstalled it . Did you take this into consideration before referring this to me? Because i dont know if this will do the job

If you read the first link i provided you would of see this.

"Note For help with device problems in Windows Vista, visit the following Microsoft Web site to automatically diagnose and repair problems with devices. For example, visit the following site when the device manager does not detect your hardware, audio, USB, or other devices or when your devices are disabled or not working. "

Key word vista:

I can not be there to do it for you. I need you to read what i or others say.

A lot of the time when people ask questions we don't always automatically know the answer but we research the answer for you.

I have never had to deal with this problem so it's knew ground to me. So i need you to put the effort in as well :)

I can't see what the diagnostic tool says to you. I would assume it would be very straight forward if it found a error.

No fate but what we make

If you read the first link i provided you would of see this.

"Note For help with device problems in Windows Vista, visit the following Microsoft Web site to automatically diagnose and repair problems with devices. For example, visit the following site when the device manager does not detect your hardware, audio, USB, or other devices or when your devices are disabled or not working. "

Key word vista:

I can not be there to do it for you. I need you to read what i or others say.

A lot of the time when people ask questions we don't always automatically know the answer but we research the answer for you.

I have never had to deal with this problem so it's knew ground to me. So i need you to put the effort in as well :)

I can't see what the diagnostic tool says to you. I would assume it would be very straight forward if it found a error.

Ah its just more trouble than its worth.. I did what you said and now im just back to square one.. all it says is i will need to download windows powershell in order for the problem to be fixed . When i do this , the system would not allow me to . It only allows me to click on " other options to fix the problem" . When i do this the options it gives me is for technical advise which is chargeable :(.. THIS IS the very reason i was apprehensive about loading this . I want the driver to be reinstalled not read about what others say . Every pc's are different :(

Ah its just more trouble than its worth.. I did what you said and now im just back to square one.. all it says is i will need to download windows powershell in order for the problem to be fixed . When i do this , the system would not allow me to . It only allows me to click on " other options to fix the problem" . When i do this the options it gives me is for technical advise which is chargeable :(.. THIS IS the very reason i was apprehensive about loading this . I want the driver to be reinstalled not read about what others say . Every pc's are different :(

I can't test it coz im xp, i doubt m$ would charge????

Any way, did you read the trouble shooting this error on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123 ????

Have you tryed the basic restore like i said first???

No fate but what we make

Also check the Windows Event Logs - System and Application. There might be entries in there that give you useful diagnostic information. Not sure where you'll find these in W7 ... traditionally they are in Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Event Viewer.

Also, if you can find Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Computer Management, go to the Device Manager section. If you can fond the offending driver(s) you might be able to get troubleshooting information by right-clicking on the driver, select Properties and then the Driver tab. If it says the driver isn't working try the Troubleshoot... button. All of this is XP-speak but it's probably not too different in W7. You may find that you need to reinstall the offending driver(s).

Have you tried the support link that ident supplied?

Also as he says I still think the System Restore option is worth exploring. If you're not familiar with it have a look at these articles ...

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows...ns-in-Windows-7

http://www.technospot.net/blogs/how-to-do-...-and-windows-7/

I can't test it coz im xp, i doubt m$ would charge????

Any way, did you read the trouble shooting this error on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123 ????

Have you tryed the basic restore like i said first???

Ident ,MS charges.. I even contacted them and was told i will need to pay ?45 for this :( . Read above what i said about basic restore

Jam- as i said im previous message said when i wenr to device manager,

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

. which i did and as you know windows wont provide me with the solution without the ole bucks :(

And can i say yet again that i do NOT HAVE WINDOWS 7. I uninstalled this because it was causing problems with my pc

Look, i know you aint on windows 7. No one is mentioning it. why you keep assuming we aqre....The article is for vista.

Can some one else on vista check Automated Troubleshooting Services because i seriously doubt it would charge.

You said you wont restore because you're worried about losing programs. How many programs could you of possibly of installed in the last 1/2 days or even a week that can't be replaced with a little bit of time.

The article it self has manual ways of trouble shooting. You can't even be bothered to read them.

No fate but what we make