CCleaner has damaged my mp3 pc software

c33

Look, i know you aint on windows 7. No one is mentioning it. why you keep assuming we aqre....The article is for vista.

Can some one else on vista check Automated Troubleshooting Services because i seriously doubt it would charge.

You said you wont restore because you're worried about losing programs. How many programs could you of possibly of installed in the last 1/2 days or even a week that can't be replaced with a little bit of time.

The article it self has manual ways of trouble shooting. You can't even be bothered to read them.

If thats how you feel Ident i dont know why you even bother to responding to my posts. You cried about the fact that i didnt listen to you the 1st tme round. When i did and downloaded the troubleshooter and it wouldnt allow me to download the powershell but yet allowed me to download the advice section which MS charges to recifty the problem. You get mad about me not being bothered to manually read

You have got to understand that i am not technically minded as i stated before and i dont feel comfortable with all these downloads . After all it was using Ccleaner which got me in the position im in today - unable to access my driver software.

I have explained in details what messages im getting and have listened to some of your advices.

As quick as the driver disappeared , i want it to be installed just as quickly. I thought this would be the case when you provided me the link to the troubleshooting software :(

And can i say yet again that i do NOT HAVE WINDOWS 7. I uninstalled this because it was causing problems with my pc

Apologies ... missed that bit ... and the bit about Device Manager! :mellow:

System restore points are intended to hold the state of your system files, generally not program files.

If you can't even get into Device Manager without errors then there's something seriously wrong. Even more reason to try a previous restore point.

Or do you have system (Windows install DVD) or repair disks that you can boot off and do an installation repair? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial148.html

ETA:

After all it was using Ccleaner which got me in the position im in today - unable to access my driver software.

As others have said ... I really don't see anything to suggest that CCleaner has caused this.

If you can't even get into Device Manager without errors then there's something seriously wrong. Even more reason to try a previous restore point

I didnt say i couldnt get into Device Manager.I said once im in Device manager , then click on the device ( ie my mp3) go to properties , i recieved the message about the registry being damaged or incomplete :unsure:

Or do you have system (Windows install DVD) or repair disks that you can boot off and do an installation repair?

No i dont!

Can you get into ANY part of the device manager?

Yes , in which it displays the files/prgrams etc

What is the name of the software you use (if any) to load music onto your MP3 player

I use an USB lead which is supplied with the mp3 player. When i connect this , it surpose to automatically load the software to enable me to drag and drop my music

So where within Device Manager were you when you got this mesage?

When i go to Device Manager i get a list of files/programs etc. I then go down to portable devices underneath it it has the name of my mp3 (walkman) when i make a right click to properties, i recieved the message

• Moderators

Device Manager doesn't list your files and programs.

Can you do a screenshot of what you see for your walkman in device manager?

Does it have a yellow triangle next to it?

Did you get a disc with the walkman?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Device Manager doesn't list your files and programs.

it has

- T's PC

- Computer

-Display adapters

-DVD/CD ROM

-Floppy disk controllers

-Human interface controllers

-IDE ATA /ATAPI controllers

and the list goes on :(

Does it have a yellow triangle next to it?
yes i get a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in the centre for both of the mp3s

Did you get a disc with the walkman?

The walkman cames with an internal software . When its pluged into the usb , it should automatically appear in my computer

The other mp3 comes with a disc, but equally be using without this . Again this means using the usb lead and this should show the driver on " my computer"

The disc should have the driver on it.

urgh!!!! hazelhut , it doesnt make any difference . The walkman mp3 doesnt come with a disc the software is built into the system which uses the(same driver as the other mp3) . Reloading the disc will NOT solve the problem :angry: . Plus i do not have the disc for the second ,mp3. God why do i have to constantly repeat myself. I said this already :(

Urgh im so frustrated with this.. all i want is to be able to put my music onto my mp3 player :(

• Moderators

You said

The other mp3 comes with a disc

Perhaps you should re-read this thread and try some of the suggestions that have been made.

Also if you google your problem there are lots of hits. Some of the suggestions may work for you.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Call out a PC repair-man, he'll be able to fix this, if he takes longer than 10minutes I'll be shocked.

Then take a basic course on computers, installing drivers, how codecs work etc, and you'll understand why you can't listen to your music.

You said

Perhaps you should re-read this thread and try some of the suggestions that have been made.

Also if you google your problem there are lots of hits. Some of the suggestions may work for you.

I have read the suggestions and one i followed ie: what ident told me and that didnt work, all it did was requesting that i download further software that i dont know anything about ie:powershell . It wouldnt allow me to click to access this . It kept directing me to the windows advice which is chargeable

I looked up google and it just sent me into a ball of confusion . Just because you dont know what the problem is , dont be underminding me :(

I have provided information people have asked . I have repeated myself again and again , but yet no one seems to know what the problem is

repeats again to Ross - contacting the repair guy means money and he is just going to take my pc back to its original settings - again , as i said earlier in the post. I DO NOT have most programmes that are already on my pc , so cannot reload them

It is clear no one really has a clue. I appreciate you trying to help . I was stupid enough to load the troubleshooting thing that Ident recommended , now i cannot find it on the "programs and features" to remove. That is why i didnt listen to him the first time. I should have followed through and listened to my instinct , not to download this .I asked him several times will it restore the drive as i dont want it to bring me to a site where i had to go through endless forums or peoples experiences of it. I was under the impression it was going to be a quick fix. It wasnt and im left frustrated

If you're desperate enough try getting someone to use LogMeIn with you, which means they'll be able to remote desktop to your PC, and fix it.

I'll have to use the libraries pc - hopefully that'll work, until i decide to be foolish and send mircosoft ?45 for doing f$ck all :(

You're right none of us do have a clue about this error. We never had this error before. We took the time to google the error. There is plenty of advice on google to resolve this error.

But will you read it? Take the time to think for your self? No.

I told you to install the diagnostic tool by m$. You said it would not let you run it. Did you offer any reason to why it did not run? Maybe we could of assisted you in getting it to work. Having a diagnostic tool running would be 100 times faster then us trouble shooting ideas. But you just wont help us help you.

My self and others have suggested system restore. But all you reply is i dont have the programs any more. If the problem happened yesterday then restore the day before and all you will loose is any programs installed in that time span. But you wont do this. why? Either you have no idea what system restore is and did not read the restore links my self and marmite provided or you installed hundreds of programs in the last 24 hours.

If it really is down to a driver for the mp3 player, Here is an idea. How about post on the mp3 players forum. Or help line. They can probably direct you to a direct download.

We are not experts on every subject but we will try are hardest to offer solutions and do a little research for a person, as long as they are willing to help them self.

I'm sorry you are having trouble with your mp3 player but it's not my fault, all the people who replied here fault or ccleaners fault.

If it was down to a deleted registry entry then it's still not ccleaners fault. Users are meant to check every entry. So this is down to your own negligence. You are even prompted to back up before continuing. Did you do this? or ignore it? If you have backed up the registry before deleting then we can tell you how to merge the file.

Have you tried going to my computer and trying to navigate to the folder via windows explorer? I don't bother with any software with my mp3.

No one is going to try help you if you keep snapping. This is new ground to us.

So how many days ago was it when this problem started?

No fate but what we make

I told you to install the diagnostic tool by m$. You said it would not let you run it. Did you offer any reason to why it did not run? Maybe we could of assisted you in getting it to work. Having a diagnostic tool running would be 100 times faster then us trouble shooting ideas. But you just wont help us help you.

The one i told you that would not allow me to go to powershell, the one which YOU accused me of lying about the option stating to recieve technical advise a charge will me added :rolleyes:

My self and others have suggested system restore. But all you reply is i dont have the programs any more. If the problem happened yesterday then restore the day before and all you will loose is any programs installed in that time span. But you wont do this. why? Either you have no idea what system restore is and did not read the restore links my self and marmite provided or you installed hundreds of programs in the last 24 hours.

In all due respect , what you have advised me so far hasnt been worthwhile , so im not about to system restore. You failed to understand that i have no knowledge of pcs(which i mentioned a few times), and when you suggested the troubleshooting link. I honestly thought it would provide me with a quick fix. When i had problems with this you failed to come back with a basic explanation and to go through bit by bit on where to go etc. It seems its about trial and error and no one really knows and this trial and error if i completely listened would be to my disadvantage

I said i am thankful that people have taken the time to respond, but feel advice shouldnt be given if they do not fully understand it . I could not believe it when one person said Device Manager doesnt have a list of prgrams and im clearly looking at them <_<

If it really is down to a driver for the mp3 player, Here is an idea. How about post on the mp3 players forum. Or help line. They can probably direct you to a direct download.

I have spoken to the mp3 manufacturer who instructed me to reload the software . I did -nothing. He then said it seems like some cleaning software im using.. CCleaner is the only one i use

Have you tried going to my computer and trying to navigate to the folder via windows explorer? I don't bother with any software with my mp3.
again LIKE I SAID IN MY EARILER POST yes i do , i always copy and paste my music from them

In all honestity Ident , i think we better leave it there because you clearly havent been reading my posts very carefully. I have done nothing but repeat myself and getting frustrated . I will pay microsoft to sort it out one day and not use Ccleaner because its evident it is causing more damage than good

• Moderators

c33, I have a Sony Walkman, and obviously use my computer to transfer music to and from it, and it's set up is really quite easy as there is no setup.

The Walkman works straight out of the box with either Windows Media Player, which I use, or drag and drop with Windows Explorer, which I don't use.

There aren't any drivers to install for the Walkman, as the only stuff on the CD which comes with it, are an MP3 conversion utility, Media Manager and Windows Media Player 11.

If the computer is no longer picking up the Walkman when you connect it, it's usually a very simple thing to rectify as Walkman uses a generic Microsoft Driver.

Go into Device Manager, and the look for your Walkman, which should appear so:

JUXxqs.jpg

You mention above in reply to hazel that you have a yellow triangle. Right click the entry and select "uninstall" and "OK".

9uxKMs.jpg

Then reboot your computer and Windows will reinstall the driver. Hopefully this will solve your problem.

As soon as you mentioned "Walkman" and "yellow triangle", I realized it might be a straightforward solution. Fingers crossed.

c33, I have a Sony Walkman, and obviously use my computer to transfer music to and from it, and it's set up is really quite easy as there is no setup.

The Walkman works straight out of the box with either Windows Media Player, which I use, or drag and drop with Windows Explorer, which I don't use.

There aren't any drivers to install for the Walkman

Thank you, That is what i have been saying over a million times but was not listened to...

Then reboot your computer and Windows will reinstall the driver. Hopefully this will solve your problem.

As soon as you mentioned "Walkman" and "yellow triangle", I realized it might be a straightforward solution. Fingers crossed.

I noticed you said " hopefully". If i do this i run the risk of not having a driver at all and possibly causing more problems like having all the songs on my mp3 lost as the mp3 will have to be connected in order to do this.. Have you actually done this before on your pc?

Device manager lists hardware attached to the computer. Not programs installed. Marmite was perfectly right with his statement.

"Device Manager doesn't list your files and programs."

I stopped properly paying attention to you because you was intended on arguing with another member and ignoring my replies.

My advice on dealing with the error comes straight from microsoft msdn library. So if you feel it has let you down some what take it up with bill gates.

No fate but what we make

• Moderators

Yes, I've uninstalled various items drivers in Device Manager for CD Drives, My Walkman, my daughters iPod.

If you look at properties, driver details, you'll see it's an MS Driver. It's broken now, so uninstalling it can only improve things, and Windows will reinstall it.

The "hopefully" meant I'm hoping there isn't another problem besides the faulty driver.

• Moderators

Can I say that I think this thread was muddied totally by the idiot with the attitude and the foul mouth.

I think c33, being new to the forum, was completely, and not surprisingly, completely fazed by this guy, and the slight attitude from him was really caused by the idiot. We're all strangers to c33, and he was understandably suspicious of all of us as a result of that.

Can we put the misunderstandings to bed, now that the real trouble maker has gone for good.

:)

• Moderators

c33, I've edited your post as I want a line drawn under the misunderstandings.

Leave your Walkman disconnected while you do this.

And if you have 600 songs on it, I hope you have them backed up somewhere in case of any eventuallity. I do.