Panda will be in next AV-Comp test

abu aufa

I have seen how Panda Cloud Antivirus worked. When I was in a computer shop, just maybe a couple of weeks ago, I used it to scan my USB and it did find some infections. It would "neutralize" them. At some point, there was one infection that it would detect every time I scan and it would just neutralize the threat rather than get rid of it permanently.

The computer I used at that computer shop was of course connected to a network and after every few minutes, it would show info near the sidetray that it has neutralized some infections. I thought that it was neutralizing far too many infections but there was only about 6 or 7 computers in that network. I don't know much about that really. But, it was to a sense better than Avira for instance that fails to detect a number of infections. The computers there looked old but were in relatively good working conditions in spite of everyday usage. I think, Panda Cloud Antivirus has a good contribution to it.

Panda Cloud Antivirus doesnt seem to have a very fancy user interface either.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

• Moderators

I used two different versions of Panda Cloud Antivirus on my previous XP Pro installation. I can't really comment on how good it is, or isn't because I never used it long enough to find out. Mostly though it was just far too vague for my liking on what it's doing. That's why I'd like to see some proper and professional testing of it rather than going by what end-users comment on download sites, as that's often an unreliable source.

Mostly though it was just far too vague for my liking on what it's doing. That's why I'd like to see some proper and professional testing of it rather than going by what end-users comment on download sites, as that's often an unreliable source.

Well has anybody professional around here seen its premium version (if any) do compared to other antivirus software???

I agree that end-users comments are not reliable but it gives you an idea on what to expect from it if you combine a few testimonies to your expertise, you can make a small (but still unreliable) hypothesis of the program.

I personally like it better than Avira. Even the premium version of Avira doesn't suit my expectations well.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.