latest result about FIREWALL

abu aufa

i am kind of surprised that avg 9 did so badly. i am running a paid version of avg and i haven't had any problems with it. although I did have adobe flash player mange to sneak through it once. but other then that avg has mostly been good to me i haven't had any major viruses that it hasn't found but it does take up more system resources then i would like.

so I am since i am on sort of on the topic does one know of a good anti virus all i am i looking for is a good scanner and firewall i don't want any real time anything if i can help it (i just don't like things running in the background and slowing down my system) ???

• Moderators
a good anti virus all i am i looking for is a good scanner and firewall i don't want any real time anything if i can help it (i just don't like things running in the background and slowing down my system) ???

Just antivirus, doesn't have a firewall which would actually have to be real-time unless it was hardware-based:

* ClamWin Free Antivirus (setup version)

* ClamWin Portable (what I use)

Something seems a little fishy with this test. Comodo was given a score of 100%, but excellent well-known products like Sunbelt and ESET were given 4 and 5%? They want you to believe that Comodo's protection is 20 times better than ESET? I don't think so.

That's like seeing a comparison test of LCD TV manufacturers with Memorex at the top and Sony at the bottom.

Dell Latitude D600

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1

follow_me-c.png

Just antivirus, doesn't have a firewall which would actually have to be real-time unless it was hardware-based:

* ClamWin Free Antivirus (setup version)

* ClamWin Portable (what I use)

I will go for http://www.clamav.net/download/ not ClamWin :lol: since they also distributed Ask Toolbar in its installer.

thats spyware distribution. they force the toolbar during installation by pre-checking option

I hate ask.com as much as the next guy but if its optional i'm happy to ignore it.

Otherwise why do you use ccleaner and recuva when they have yahoo toolbar preselected?

Double Standards much?

fireryone

• Moderators
I will go for http://www.clamav.net/download/ not ClamWin :lol: since they also distributed Ask Toolbar in its installer.

thats spyware distribution. they force the toolbar during installation by pre-checking option

Hence the Portable Version which includes no said extras. Ask Toolbar is included in too many downloads, it's at the point I think of them as being a filthy name.