$5 amazon albums

rridgely

• Moderators

Amazon mp3 is doing a pretty cool deal. They have bunch of albums for only $5.

Some of its pretty recent stuff but there are some classics on here too.

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link_86155..._rd_i=163856011

I love amazon's mp3 store. Its all 256kb mp3(vbr). Sounds good and you cant beat $5 for an album if its something you like.

• Moderators

I got a bunch of MP3's off there before during the Pepsi Points promo with varying encoding parameters. They weren't bad, but I definitely wouldn't buy any lossy audio format, it's lossless or not at all. That and you'll never know if you're getting a bad rip/encode of something and if it's messed up you're stuck with it or go the practical and physical route of getting the actual audio CD.

and if it's messed up you're stuck with it or go the practical and physical route of getting the actual audio CD.

Yeah but you can't clean your weed on it.

:lol: j/k

Actually, the best vinyl record album cover for that was The Band : Rock Of Ages. But that was a loooooooong time ago.

Getting customers to pay for the advertising in this way is a pure brass neck genius.

You now pay for the advert of hearing an album in low quality that you then may go out to buy, in the tangible world, a real album that has a resale value on the second hand market. You get no discount for your original $5. investment. If you do buy the album it actually costs you an extra $5. on top of the CD asking price at the mall. In effect what you are buying is worthless but you are paying $5. for it anyway even though you have no collateral to show for your money.

The real problem is they are the crooks ripping us off but they then blame piracy for all ills :lol:

It has been this way since the early 1900’s ~ “sing into the can and they will pay you $10. if you sign the paper”.

In reality that paper was taking advantage of the artist, in those days they usually could not read or write other than their name (if they were lucky). The Producer was usually in with the distributors who then go on to make a killing with the good material that they legally stole from artists. Many Producers were in fact also the Distributor to cut out any middlemen = more profit.

I saw a Bob Marley “Legend” album in CD format and it cost multiple times more than the original tape or vinyl ever did.

A CD costs next to nothing to manufacture and the artist does not get that much from a CD sale.

It is the PR, Distributors and Producers that make all the money.

I have a simple policy of ~ hear it before you buy it.

If you do not buy their rubbish CD’s that have only 1 or 2 good tracks then it will force them to produce better quality at better pricing. Believe it or not, it is the consumer that has the power over the market place.

If nobody bought a CD for 1 year who do you think would be in trouble the most ?

• Moderators

You act like their giving out 64kbs mp3s or something. These are not "low quality" to the point where someone is going to re-buy them. I bet most of the people on here don't even have their music in 256kbs, because itunes defaults at 192(or 128). These tracks have no drm and aren't going to "expire" like a lot of download sites have either.

There are only a few folks out there(like me) who maintain a lossless collection of their music on top of their lossy mp3s. For me having 3 new albums for $15 that I just won't have the lossless quality is no big deal. I wouldn't want my whole collection like this but its not a big deal for just a few good deals.

------

I'll give you that most 90s music sucked, but most in the 80s and 70s did too except for a few glaring exemptions.