Firefox Portable Bookmark File

Tom AZ

@Icedrake

I looked upon that file, and it's just the bookmarks you get when you first run Firefox Portable.

@Tom

You can always go to Bookmarks -> Organize Bookmarks -> Import and Backup -> Export HTML

• Moderators
I finally figured out the actual active bookmark file in Firefox Portable . . . it's "places.sqlite"

I really wish they'd go back to the old way of saving the bookmark file, that after having to manually add in bookmarks after doing a clean install sometime ago and I realized my backup did nothing as it was showing a months old version of my bookmarks.

Just make sure it's making bookmark backups for you, or better yet install FEBE which you can configure to automatically make full profile backups.

Good advice. I am using FEBE as I always have.

Also, it appears to create a bookmark backup everyday and puts them in the Bookmarkbackup folder. I wonder if there's a way to limit the number of backups it creates so you're keeping just the most recent 3 or 4 days?

• Moderators
I wonder if there's a way to limit the number of backups it creates so you're keeping just the most recent 3 or 4 days?

It can create a set limit of user defined backups in 'FEBE Options->Directory' area, and if you have it automatically make a daily backup you could input 3 or 4 in that 'Directory' area which perhaps should translate into the number of days it would keep the backups before flushing them out for newer backups.