Fake Job offer from valid website

fireryone

Subject:[MyCareer.com.au] William Thomas, we have a great job offer for you!

Content:

Dear William <cut>,

This is James Cason from Alliance Asset Management. I was assigned your

Regional Instructor. I'll be providing you with all necessary information

and submitting tasks to complete. I do hope we'll enjoy working together.

We have received your resume. We are happy to say to you that you are

qualified for the position of Financial Representative. This position is

limited. You may find more about salary, hours and duties at job

description.doc

Application process:

1.Read job description document and respond me back with your agree word.

2.I will send you employment agreement and application form, you need to

fill it out and send back signed

3.I will forward your application documents to our HR dept

4.You will be noticed about acceptance by e-mail

Note:

You may find more information at our web-site or feel free to ask any

questions about your job duties and salary.

My job is to assist you in managing payments and I'll be happy to do the

utmost to help you whenever possible.

My e-mail is: jamescason@allianceassetsystem.com

Please don't use e-mail careers@allianceassetweb.com for asking questions.

I will serve as your account manager. Feel free to contact me regarding

any issue.

I will co-ordinate your work; therefore you can contact me anytime via

e-mail and get an answer to any question of yours within 12 hours.

Besides you can leave me a message on my answering machine anytime.

Feel free to contact me anytime. My contact information is given below.

--

Best regards,

James Cason

Employment Manager

E-Mail: jamescason@allianceassetsystem.com

Phone: +44 207 147 1966

Fax: +44 207 806 8130

Address: Panama City,

Blvd. El Dorado, Centro

Comercial Camino de Cruces, Local # 8

Alliance Asset Management.

Looks somewhat valid until I open the attachment (which was clean from virii as far as i could tell)

WORKING PROCESS

During the working process you will process incoming and outgoing transfers from our European clients.

The main duties are: sending and receiving payments, making records of billing, making simple management duties,

daily checking e-mail. You have to provide us with your cell phone for urgent calls from your manager.

If you do not have a cell phone, you will have to buy it. You must have basic computer skills to operate the process

of job duties.

SALARY

During the evaluation period (1 month), you will be paid US$4,600 per month while working on average

3hours per day, Monday-Friday, plus 8% commission from each payment received and processed.

The salary will be sent as a wire transfer directly to your account, or you may take it from

the received funds directly. After the evaluation period your base salary will go up to US$6,950

per month plus 10% commission.

FEES & TRANSFERING PROCEDURE

All fees are covered by the company. The fees for transferring are simply deducted from the payments received.

The customer will not contact you during the initial stage of the evaluation period. After a three-weeks’

period you will start contacting customers via e-mail in regard to collecting the payments. For the first

three weeks you will simply receive all transferring details and payments, along with a step-by-step guidance

from your supervisor. You will be forwarding received payments through transferring agents, such as Western Union,

Money Gram, any P2P agents or by wire transferring.

This job is possible because the “Alliance Asset Management” company has its headquarters in Panama. As such

we do not yet have stores or offices in the Australia. Thus, we will always need representatives in the

Australia to take care of some financial matters. The problem we are facing is the time necessary for our

company to cash the funds from bank transfers ("Pay Anyone transfers") paid by our customers from the Australia

after they have received our products and/or services. It takes approximately 1-2 weeks.

We need to cash transfers inside the Australia and then have the funds transferred to our company in Panama by

other means. This is where you can help us. It would speed up the process tenfold. We have already made a signed

agreement with the AU officials, and we are paying all necessary taxes. We will also send you a Tax Form for tax

deduction on your part on the date you receive your first salary. The Tax form that we will send you will be

complete with all the instructions you need. It will also contain all commissions and salary you received from

us, so you can pay taxes accordingly. You will be paying taxes only for your commissions and salaries that you

will receive. This job is official and legal according to the current AU legislation.

Your manager will support you on all stages of theapplication process; should you have any questions, please

ask anytime.

It doesn't even have the usual bad spelling of a scam, lol, they finally learnt how to use spell check.

Seeing it looked a little dodgey, off to Google I went and find out:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1145546

a few posts down, the exact same email.

Seems it did a round 5 months ago... they must be trying again

Weird thing was I haven't used any job sites in over two years.

fireryone

• Moderators

Many so-called "Nigerian" scammers aren't even Nigerian, and it's now just a generic label. For instance the very recent case where some Israeli's were scamming retirees in the U.S. out of millions.

I personally don't think their grammar skills are all that improved. I've spotted many sentences that wouldn't make it into the email system of any valid company that didn't proof read everything.