software for undeletable registries

hello2007

i was shocked to see i still have comodo registries after uninstalling it and running ccleaner and everything so i went to delete them and i got this ''one or more keys cannot be deleted access is denied (5)'' So i tried looking up a reg deleting software and came across malwarebytes reg deleter software but it didnt work. I tried changing permissions on the reg file i wanted to delete and it wouldnt let me change permissions simply says access denied. Im running vista home basic and i disabled the uac and am running in administrator while doing all of this

heres the name of the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet004\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDHLP i know its safe to delete

avast, avira, malwarebytes, ad-aware, superantispyware, windows defender--------paragon, macrium reflect, ubuntu, terabyte

• Moderators

It should be of no surprise to find left over keys from security related software in the "Enum\Root" areas of the registry, and do note there's more than one area they're stored in.

Typically left over keys in that area will have to have Admin rights placed on them so they can be removed, instructions:

Registry Permissions:

It's also common with many security applications ("antivirus, firewall, etc.,") which may create entries in a particular area of the registry that even an Administrator account can't remove unless the permissions are changed to full access. Still in some instances changing the permissions won't allow you to remove the registry key(s).

Warning:

Manually editing the Windows registry is extremely dangerous if you don't know exactly what you're doing, any mishaps can result into the re-installation of software, or worse Windows itself. Even if you know what you're doing you should create a backup of the registry before manually editing it. Users of Microsoft Windows NT, 2000, XP, 2003, and Vista can use ERUNT (100% clean freeware, no adware, no spyware) to make a known good registry backup. Note: If you're not comfortable editing the Windows registry then don't do it, better safe than sorry!

ERUNT is available here.

How to manually set registry key permissions to Administrators:

1. Make a registry backup first either with ERUNT, or System Restore.

2. Click Start, Run, and type in: RegEdit

3. In RegEdit navigate to the key.

4. Right click the registry key to display a pop-up, then click: Permissions

5. Now click: Add

6. Input into the field named 'Enter object names to select': Administrators

7. You "should" now be able to successfully remove the key.

I found no traces that couldn't be removed by using Regedit and CCleaner

I did even try my favourite 'JV16 Power Tool's' registry cleaner...

Although Comodo did leave traces in the registry and as such isn't the best (cleanest) of uninstalls you'd expect from a System Cleaner, I haven't found any persistent registry traces..

How to manually set registry key permissions to Administrators:

1. Make a registry backup first either with ERUNT, or System Restore.

2. Click Start, Run, and type in: RegEdit

3. In RegEdit navigate to the key.

4. Right click the registry key to display a pop-up, then click: Permissions

5. Now click: Add

6. Input into the field named 'Enter object names to select': Administrators

7. You "should" now be able to successfully remove the key.

ill test this out when i get my vista side running again. if only i could've accessed regedit through linux

avast, avira, malwarebytes, ad-aware, superantispyware, windows defender--------paragon, macrium reflect, ubuntu, terabyte