System Recovery Cleaning

When i try to delete the old system recovery points it gives me " Error 1722 - The RPC server is unavailable."

I just recently turned off some system services under control panel > administrative tools > services, i may have turned one off that is causing this error. Any help would be appreciated

i turned on the service and restarted it. it started up fine but still the same problem. Will i be gaining a significant amount of space and performance by clearing out the dozen or more save that system restore has in it?

what i do is to turn off sytem restore like once a week and i gain like 4-500mg..but for example if you find a trojan or malware,you have to turn off system restore,then chech it again

for gaining performance you can follow black viper sites suggestions.,,also from shields up..advice to "untick" file and printer sharing,client for microsoft network.

also i benefit a lot from defraging my registry with a free program from winaso -winaso regdefrag- is really good.

good luck

• Moderators

Perhaps if the error is 'The RPC server is unavailable' you could try turning on the Remote Procedure Call service. One of its long list of dependencies is the System Restore Service - and another is the Secrity Center, which you may wish to have enabled.