best imaging software

hello2007

whats the best imaging software out there i would like to know a couple of free ones and paid required ones

avast, avira, malwarebytes, ad-aware, superantispyware, windows defender--------paragon, macrium reflect, ubuntu, terabyte

• Moderators

Hard to say which is best, but free usually is in my book. :)

Macrium Reflect: I use this and have restored with it a couple of times so I know it works.

DriveImage XML: Another free Imaging program.

Whichever program you decide upon, free or commercial, make sure they include the facility of making a "boot disk", which you would need in the event of having to restore a Disk Image.

• Moderators

Paragon Software System Backup 2010 Release Candidate is currently free for a limited time as seen here on their website:

http://www.paragon-software.com/

Note: I don't know if that "limited time" means it's a trial, or an actually free to use for life setup.

I haven't used and thus, can't comment on it other than it makes a recovery disc as mentioned by DennisD which is an important feature.

i manage to pick it up before it wasn't free. I don't think its a trial it wouldnt make sense if it was a trial

avast, avira, malwarebytes, ad-aware, superantispyware, windows defender--------paragon, macrium reflect, ubuntu, terabyte

whats the best imaging software out there i would like to know a couple of free ones and paid required ones

What are you calling imaging software exactly? Something that will view BMP, GIF, WMF, JPG, CUR and ICO files?

I made an app that will do that and show a slideshow of all images in a folder that if your interested, let me know. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

I haven't gone in for some imaging software for the simple reason that they require me to have .Net framework and I'm still pretty unclear as to its real practical value ( having .Net platform running in WinXP Home ) ... If someone could throw more light on it in context of not just the 'Imaging Software' but a few other types of Software that increasingly depend on .Net platforms ..

• Moderators

This is a good read about .Net Framework, and notice this bit "The .NET Framework is a key Microsoft offering and is intended to be used by most new applications created for the Windows platform."

I don't have allot of software that requires it, however more and more stuff I run into does actually require it be installed. So with it installed programs can be super small in size, all the "bloat" comes from .Net Framework itself.

I haven't gone in for some imaging software for the simple reason that they require me to have .Net framework and I'm still pretty unclear as to its real practical value ( having .Net platform running in WinXP Home ) ... If someone could throw more light on it in context of not just the 'Imaging Software' but a few other types of Software that increasingly depend on .Net platforms ..

Macrium Reflect and Drive Image XML do not require the .Net frameWork.