PortableApps.com Version

temp1234

• Moderators

most Portableapps version are just bloated launchers and aren't needed for many portable applications. CCLeaner is one of those. another that he does package that doesn't need it is Miranda

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
another that he does package that doesn't need it is Miranda

I've tried BonkEnc Portable from there a few times and it doesn't run as a "portable app" since it writes configuration files elsewhere.

most Portableapps version are just bloated launchers and aren't needed for many portable applications. CCLeaner is one of those. another that he does package that doesn't need it is Miranda

Yes i agree about some of the launchers behing bloated and unnecessary (Behing nothing more then a splash screen and memory waste, portableapps.com should really make sure that a launcher that doesnt really do anything but show a splash screen, close themself to save memory), but still some of them are needed.

The only reason i asked for a portableapps.com format version is its backup utility that automaticlly allows to backup only program settings (For apps packaged in the portableapps.com format) (Viruses forcing a format and doing full backup all the time is just annoying)

I've tried BonkEnc Portable from there a few times and it doesn't run as a "portable app" since it writes configuration files elsewhere.

If after closing the program it doesnt delete them and copys them to the data directory each portable app that is offered them has, then this really is an issue. (You can test it and report it to the portableapps.com forum if you want)

Its just a limitation most of the time in the way he/they made those apps portable (Launchers, instead of source code modifications)