Registry

MaDonna

:( I keep reading the CCleaner cleans the registry, but I haven't been able to find out how to, etc. I love the program. I have had troubles with Registry First Aid taking "stuff" out it shouldn't, so want to try using the reg cleaner in CC. Can someone tell me exactly how? I can't see where it tells how to do it...Pretty please...

It is doing it's thing when you run the cleaner and "issues". I get a lot of help from issues, because I change programs a lot.

If it isn't broke, tweak it.

It is doing it's thing when you run the cleaner and "issues". I get a lot of help from issues, because I change programs a lot.

Thanks....I will give it a try...I ran RegSeeker and deleted everything they said I should and couldn't even open my e-mails and had to system restore. So needless to say that program went bye-bye.

Yes it is, also CCleaners registry cleaner isn't as underpowered as some people may think or assume, it is rather powerful and indeed safe.

Since cleaning the MUI Cache was added, a couple updates ago, CCleaner is now a complete registry cleaner. I still use EasyCleaner as a backup, but it no longer finds very much.

:) I used the registry cleaner in CC and all went well, except when I re-started my computer there was a window stating another program was keeping Spy Sweeper from opening, please re-install it. I didn't have to re-install it, just open it up from Programs, but was wondering if anyone would know why this happened or what I took out I shouldn't have. I just let it clean everything out. This is no big problem, because I can always start SS when I start computer. I was wondering if MSAS might be the program that was keeping SS from opening? Thanks for all the help... :wub:

Yes it is, also CCleaners registry cleaner isn't as underpowered as some people may think or assume, it is rather powerful and indeed safe.

Yes I agree, although sometimes it doesn't find as many issues as other registry scanners, it mostly finds ones that the others didn't find which are the safe ones to delete :D

One problem I see with it is when I scan once(fix the issues I found) and scan again I always find more(different ones I hadn't found the first time...without running a cleaner or exiting the program)

Perhaps there could be a small bug that does this(I'm not sure?)

Jobartley515