4,563,456,765,455.06MB removed!

John Broadwater

Has anyone else experienced what must be a huge overstatement of the amount of material removed after running the cleaner normally?

I was just informed 4,563,456,765,455.06MB had been removed.

Apart from not having that amount of memory on the system in total, my machine is well looked after, performing well, and has regular scans and cleans with the latest version of all the software I use, including CCleaner. Last night I ran the cleaner and got the usual expected 40-50MB removed.

• 2 weeks later...
You got that 'number'.. and then LATER, you got 40 - 50 MB?

Wow, CCleaner is on a Roll :)

Thanks for the useless reply. And for what it's worth I posted at 10.24 am and referred to "last night" - so it was obviously EARLIER not LATER I removed the 40-50MB.

Anyway, I'm pretty disappointed no-one else had a useful comment. Obviously something's wrong with the program. The problem has reoccured 3 other times since my original post, all with fresh installs, properly defragged, clean registry, etc. See attached screengrab.

post-29126-1245416836_thumb.jpg

post-29126-1245416836_thumb.jpg

Never had that problem ever. Also, I've never heard of this happening to anyone else on the forums. Give it a little while, cause these forums and the program are developed freely, so the response won't be as quick as you might expect.

AJ

Couple of posts here

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=22212

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=22050

no more info has ever been posted on it.

Ahhhhh,... you've given me the solution, cheers! It seems likely this problem is caused by a conflict with a multiple IE application I've got installed.

Thanks, much appreciated.