Three suggestions

hodag

CCleaner is a great program (Recuva and Defraggler are not too shabby either).

1. Allow expert users to configure a setting that allows the registry cleaner to delete entries automatically (with or without automatic backup). It would be nice to just include a registry clean when you do a file clean (one button and it does all its jobs). I know that you do it this way to protect some users from killing their registry, but those of use that know what we are doing should have the option to shoot ourselves in the head!

2. The new "System Restore" feature is a very nice addition. However, can you allow it to multiselect more than one checkpoint? I recently did a full Windows install and between all the software installs and the Windows / Office updates downloaded, it must have created over 25 checkpoints. I only needed to save the last 5 or so to be safe so it would have been nice to do a "Shift-Click" to select the unneeded ones.

3. Can you get CCleaner to remember the previous install settings? It is great that you update the program so often, but it gets tedious having to go through the installer routine every time.

• Moderators

As an "expert user" I'm highly highly opposed to number 1 90% of what shown should not be removed (ok that's a little high of a % but still. . . )

2. I'm still getting used to the SRb featureb but I agree with this.

3. Is this even possible (for instance: Java NEVER remembers that I don't want the MSN toolbar, this may even be part of the advertising deal embedded with using tool bars) excuse my ingnorance, I use the portable version, so not install options, but what other options (ohhhhh the right cick stuff, and recycle bin,huh)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I vote for #3 and have asked for it myself before awhile back.

3. Is this even possible (for instance: Java NEVER remembers that I don't want the MSN toolbar, this may even be part of the advertising deal embedded with using tool bars) excuse my ingnorance, I use the portable version, so not install options, but what other options (ohhhhh the right cick stuff, and recycle bin,huh)

It's possible however the setup program would have to be coded for it to remember install options simply by creating an install.ini file, like what Foobar2000 does.