cCleaner Not Cleaning Firefox Files

jillian

Something is sooooo different about cCleaner and it is definitely NOT good. When I scan , it always says it is deleting IE files. On deletion , a small window comes up and says it is deleting IE history. This is the same little window that comes up when you go into IE Internet options to delete history , temporary internet files , etc. So what do I need cCleaner for if it is only doing what I can do in Internet options? it use to not be this way. I don't like it one bit . it is not deleting my Firefox and Firefox is the browser I use. NOT IE.

Please tell me where I can download an old version of cCleaner. A version that does not put that little Windows window up there . I don't need cCleaner as it is.

Hey cCleaner guys , if you read this forum. Leave cCleaner alone. You had a good thing , and you are messing it up with trying to improve it. Any way you have too too many recent updates to cCleaner. One or two a year is a God's plenty. So can someone tell me what is wrong with this software. because if they can't tell me , i do plan to move on to another cleaner. cCleaner is ruined with so-called improvements.

Can someone give me another download link besides the Filehippo? I don't use these people because they put other software on your downloads. I want the slim version without the Yahoo toolbar. it says it is an option , but even though you uncheck the toolbar thing , it puts it on there anyway. So I have learned to steer clear of Filelhippo. Don't use them at all. I use Major Geeks or Cnet downloads. No others.

No , I know what I did. I unchecked the Yahoo toolbar option and it put the toolbar on there anyway. I do know what I am talking about I like to have never got that toolbar off . it took over everything and made itself the default search in my address bar. I finally got rid of that virus and never want to take a chance of it getting on my computer again. Yahoo Toolbar is like a virus. BAD

I will come again. I need an older slim version of ccleaner. Where can I get one other than at file Hippo Right now , I do not have ccleaner as I have uninstalled it. The last two versions changed it and I don't like it that way. So I am looking for an older slim version.

anyway on the file hippo page with all the past versions. I see no way to download another version. When I click on a version , there is no download link to come up to download it. So how do I ?

I want to apologize . I downloaded several older versions and they all had the little window that IE Internet options has when deleting files , history , etc.

I also apologize to Hazelnut. You are right. I did uncheck the Yahoo Toolbar and it did not put it on there. Yes , I have received some help here , but noticed in looking over these forums that a lot of posts don't have very many results , so maybe I should be happy with my two posters that responded. Anyway. My problem is solved. Thanks for all your help moderators.

I've also got this problem with IE8 when running CCleaner on my Vista laptop. I posted about this in the CCleaner Bug Reporting section but didn't receive a reply. To be honest, I don't think it is a CCleaner bug but something to do with the interoperability of IE8 and CCleaner on Vista. The problem wasn't there when I was running IE7. My post:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=21753

I had no problems with Firefox though, apart from a bug that was identified and cleared up with the latest CCleaner release.

This IE8 problem doesn't occur on my XP PC though even though it too is running IE8. I'm at a loss what to do to resolve the issue.

• Moderators
I want to apologize . I downloaded several older versions and they all had the little window that IE Internet options has when deleting files , history , etc.

I also apologize to Hazelnut. You are right. I did uncheck the Yahoo Toolbar and it did not put it on there. Yes , I have received some help here , but noticed in looking over these forums that a lot of posts don't have very many results , so maybe I should be happy with my two posters that responded. Anyway. My problem is solved. Thanks for all your help moderators.

Glad you got things sorted out jillian. Quite a few posts don't get many replies because they are sometimes the same problems that have been posted many times before.

Others don't get many replies either because no one is quite sure of the answer, or the poster didn't put any relevant info in the post such as operating system used, error messages etc.

Anyway just try to stay calm :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

[quote Robbie " I've also got this problem with IE8 when running CCleaner on my Vista laptop. I posted about this in the CCleaner Bug Reporting section but didn't receive a reply. To be honest, I don't think it is a CCleaner bug but something to do with the interoperability of IE8 and CCleaner on Vista. The problem wasn't there when I was running IE7. My post:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=21753

I had no problems with Firefox though, apart from a bug that was identified and cleared up with the latest CCleaner release.

This IE8 problem doesn't occur on my XP PC though even though it too is running IE8. I'm at a loss what to do to resolve the issue.]

Robbie , glad you posted about IE8 and Vista. That is the problem!! I installed IE8 and that is exactly when this problem started. It was not doing this with IE7. Thanks so much for that. It is not cCleaner after all , but IE8 intergration with cCleaner. So happy to find this out because cCleaner has been my life line lol. And I was just devastated because I thought it had changed.

Jillian, I'm like you. I react emotionally sometimes. :angry: Okay, let's look at Filehippo, as your side issue. You don't need to do this now, but maybe it will help you in future:

? Filehippo doesn't add anything in to anything. Some programs do.

? Set a new tab so you can go back and forth; and then go back and take another look at CCleaner in Filehippo. Here it is: http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

? See where it says, on the upper right, "Download Latest Version"? All those older versions listed below that are LIVE LINKS. You get the latest version by default, but you can select ANY of those. Now, if you press one, unfortunately the "Latest Version" wording does NOT change. OOPS! Filehippo needs to fix that, because it looks like you're going to get the latest one anyway. But you're not. Proceed with the download, and you'll find you get whatever older version you selected.

? There's more. Also in the upper right corner of Filehippo, see where it says "No Filter"? Left-click on that. You get 2 choices that are both very useful. (I have not been successful in keeping a cookie to retain my choice?I have to re-set it every time I return. But still, those are cool options.)

Happiness. ;)