Pressing escape during action closes CCleaner

anonymous_user

same here, just tried it and pressing Esc closes the whole program.

I assume it should just abort the scan, wipe etc? Is it really a bug or a problem if it closes the program rather than just cancelling the current operation?

Well normally Escape takes you right out of a program rather than just aborting the current operation within the program. I'd say it's by design :)

I doubt it, pressing the escape button should only abort the current operation, not the whole program. In Notepad, Paint, Winamp, Firefox, name any program you want, the escape button doesn't shut down the entire program. I'd love to see a CCleaner official say something about this.

I've just checked again and just loading CCleaner and then pressing Esc (without running any scan, wipe etc) closes the program. This must be quite unique. I've loaded a few programs on my computer and none of them except CCleaner close when Esc is pressed. It is indeed strange behaviour...

Ahh.. I don't know where I was lead to believe that Esc closed programs :o. But then again I seldom use the Escape button for anything these days.

I guess they figured Esc meant "escaping" from the program which is why it closes upon being pressed?