What's going on?

jeb1

I have an Acer machine which has 2 partitions on it (C and D) and another hard drive as slave.

When I defrag the C it now shows about 1.4 lines of mostly blue but some red then 3.6 lines of white followed by 2 lines of mostly red.

I have ran the defrag several times and it does not improve.

When I defrag E it shows about 1.1 lines of all blue with only two reds but several blues scattered throughout the rest of the white and a few reds as well. At the bottom row right are 4 reads and several golds.

Every time I click on defrag it starts and runs for about 15 mins moving stuff around but when finished not much seems to have changed.

What is going on and what is the solution? (I did an update before I started.) - jb

I have an Acer machine which has 2 partitions on it (C and D) and another hard drive as slave.

When I defrag the C it now shows about 1.4 lines of mostly blue but some red then 3.6 lines of white followed by 2 lines of mostly red.

I have ran the defrag several times and it does not improve.

When I defrag E it shows about 1.1 lines of all blue with only two reds but several blues scattered throughout the rest of the white and a few reds as well. At the bottom row right are 4 reads and several golds.

Every time I click on defrag it starts and runs for about 15 mins moving stuff around but when finished not much seems to have changed.

What is going on and what is the solution? (I did an update before I started.) - jb

Maybe someone here at the forum can help you if you can give the files that are not being defragged.

Can you run the defrag in debug mode and then PM with details of the log and I will look into this.

:)

MrRon

Ron, how do I do this? I just went back to the program and don't find a way - and nothing in "help" either.

And, Don, over half the drive is showing red - it is not just a couple of files.

Ron, how do I do this? I just went back to the program and don't find a way - and nothing in "help" either.

This might help: Running Defraggler in Debug mode

Keith

There's always an exception to the rule. I'm that exception.

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif

Ran in Debug and have about the same results - as it has done in the past, every time I run defrag it comes up with a different number of files that need to be defraged - maybe 56 then 138 then 44, etc.

Ron wanted me to send him a file - how do I find the file?

tks - jb