Eraser Question

Tom AZ

• Moderators

It can remove files, and folders with files in them. You can also drag 'n' drop files and folders onto its window to have them in the list for secure deletion. Also it wipes clean the free space better than anything I've ever used and actually it's the only erasing program I've used that seems to actually wipe the free space.

As a confirmation I look for deleted files in Recuva after Eraser is done doing a free space wipe, and Recuva doesn't turn up much of anything whereas with every other free space wipers even the commercial variety that I've tried they don't seem to do anything at all.

If you're only interested in Eraser without committing to a full install give Eraser Portable a try. I'm giving you a tip to try the portable version because the setup version installs a bunch of stuff including some WinSxS entries and you'd definitely want to track the installation of it.

This thread, started by Hazelnut, is sort of a warning:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=14685&hl=

I followed the link to wilders, the info there scared me away from later versions of Eraser, but I have used 5.84 32 bit for a long while with no problems.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

I had issues with the 5.8 versions too (including one total trashing of my OS just by deleting some pics!!!) so only ever use, and recommend, version 5.7. And the developers at the time (it was in new hands as of 5.8) didn't seem to have the slightest interest in correcting the bug when posted on their forum, and their almost contemptuous attitude they had towards any issues posted just convinced me it was the right decision.