Google Chrome 1.0 released

TeeJay3800

Are GC and SP3 compatible.

Its SP3 compatible but I prefer IE8 with IE7Pro.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

This is good news because now the silly SilverLight plug-in problem might be resolved (I shall look into this tonight :D ). Otherwise, yeah, I am looking forward to this release because I was actually willing to give up Firefox for it until I discovered a few problems (one of which previously mentioned).

When I have managed to test it tonight I shall give more feedback and my conclusion.

Edit: OK, now I have Google Chrome downloaded and installed and there's still a problem I noticed before and I do not dare try out SilverLight just yet; don't want to be disappointed. Other than that, I am quite inclined to consider Google Chrome as my default browser.

I must admit though, Google Chrome is for a home user rather than a developer but nonetheless it is good.

Some may find this an interesting watch: Clicky.

Yorkshireman

- [My Twitter Profile: Clicky]

Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.

Albert Einstein

post-24727-1229122020_thumb.png

It looks like that SilverLight (despite Microsoft's claims that SilverLight 2 is more stable with Google Chrome) is still unstable. :(

post-24727-1229122020_thumb.png

Yorkshireman

Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.

Albert Einstein

I'm still not sold on Chrome. I really like firefox (with extensions), and then it's a toss up of opera (with additions) and ie7 (with iepro addition). To be honest if there were a few tweaks done to opera and IE I could switch to either of them without any issues.

Opera does seem to load the fastest for me though. And I just like the firefox interface the most probably because I am most used to it and it has an interface that i like. But IE seems pretty clean to look at, and i have my ie browser set up for the kids to use with their bookmarks, etc. :)

I like how Internet Explorer renders the pages.

I like something, still unknown to me, about Firefox (I think its add-ons and ease of use).

I live Google Chrome because it's something different and to be fair it does load pages that little bit quicker (only some pages though :P ).

I was hoping Google Chrome would be a compromise between the two (Firefox and Internet Explorer) and it sort of is; they just need to fix the few bugs still.

Yorkshireman

Albert Einstein