Looks like we'll have a White Christmas

YoKenny

Looks like we'll have a White Christmas.

Why I don't like a White Christmas:

• Sidewalks slippery
  • Bulky clothes
  • It is cold and damp making my bones ache
  • Snow plows make a lot of noise
  • Salt stains shoes and pants

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

We had a heavy snowfall here a few days ago. There wasn't a breath of wind and large snowflakes were falling straight down and it looked beautiful.

The trouble is afterwards, when it gets dirty, wet and slushy. I hate that.

I welcome snow and I most definitely welcome a white Christmas. We all should be in on Christmas day, or at least when we're out, we're out as a family having a meal or playing in the snow. :P

I welcome snow generally 'cause if it's bad enough I get time off from College. I welcome a white Christmas because they are cool and really make Christmas that bit more special.

Yorkshireman

- [My Twitter Profile: Clicky]

Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.

Albert Einstein

Thats my idea of a white Christmas. Snow is for Eskimos.

hehe Nah snow isn't all that bad. I do miss the snowy winters...snowball fights, snow tunnels, and sledding. Of course I say this having not lived in it for ohhh I dunno about 23 years now. And I'd be lying if I said I didn't like going to the beach in December. But I would like to see a real snowfall here sometime, just once, so I can play in it like I did when I was younger...

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

After 24 hours you wouldn't miss it.

Being over the age of 24 helps.

I'm 24 x 2.6 and have a corresponding shorter tolerance ;)

Thankfully it is now raining and washing the stuff away but will make for real icy sidewalks at night as the temp drops so I'll just stay home and watch the Nova special on PBS about the Bible and pop back here during the Pledge Breaks.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user