Java problem

CRoz

Hi

im trying to install Java (jre-6u10-windows-x64) but after installed it not shows in Control Panel ..i reinstalled it again and it not shows in startup too and im trying to Scan in Secunia and it gave me message Java must be installed or i dont have java installed .

What im doing wrong..any advice

Uninstall all trace of Java, reboot and then go here: Clicky using Internet Explorer and then see what happens. :D

Yorkshireman

- [My Twitter Profile: Clicky]

Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.

Albert Einstein

Uninstall all trace of Java, reboot and then go here: Clicky using Internet Explorer and then see what happens. :D

Yes now installed and with Opera works in Secuina but FF shows this might problem loaading java and in Control Panel still no Icons.........

Secunia has a lot of false positive problems and fails to detect Java correctly.

Use SUMo instead ( http://www.kcsoftwares.com/?sumo ).

I get WAY more false positives with SUMo than Secunia or FileHippo.com Update Checker.

For example it indicates that my Creative Soundblaster software is down level and tries to get me to update my XP Home system with a 65MB Vista download.

AutoMZ Ultimate Tweaker produces:

http://www.download.com/1770-20_4-0.html?t...ltimate+Tweaker

It looks more like spam for their other chargeable products.

I need a thumbs down smiley for this application :blink:

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators
Secunia has a lot of false positive problems and fails to detect Java correctly.

Use SUMo instead ( http://www.kcsoftwares.com/?sumo ).

I believe that you are in some way involved with the development, so perhaps you would suggest SUMo as being the one that works best.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Yes now installed and with Opera works in Secuina but FF shows this might problem loaading java and in Control Panel still no Icons.........

Sorry, I fell ill for a few days; I am back now.

By "no Icons" in Control Panel, what do you mean? Are you referring to 'Change or Remove Programs' list? :unsure:

Edit: Sorry, forgot about "[...]problem loaading java[...]" in Firefox. For Firefox you are required to download an executable file which will install Flash throughout Windows rather than just as an add-on in Internet Explorer (of sort). You can download this executable here: Clicky.

Yorkshireman

Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.

Albert Einstein

Sorry, I fell ill for a few days; I am back now.

By "no Icons" in Control Panel, what do you mean? Are you referring to 'Change or Remove Programs' list? :unsure:

It is in Control Panel as the Java icon

t2402_java.png

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Ah right, with not using Classic View I forget. :P Try running the executable. ;)

Yorkshireman

Albert Einstein

Ah right, with not using Classic View I forget. :P Try running the executable. ;)

I have a Classic View on things.

t2404_java1.png <== Classic Java executable installed ready and waiting to be of service

IE7Pro user