IE7 drives me nuts

So I have a problem that I have just lived with for a long time but finally going to ask some help in figuring out. Every time I click on my IE icon to open it up, it opens two windows, the one that stays open is a crash report. Super annoying. I am sure its just a little configuration, but i tried a whole bunch and got annoyed and just went back to firefox. Any suggestions? Thanks!

So I have a problem that I have just lived with for a long time but finally going to ask some help in figuring out. Every time I click on my IE icon to open it up, it opens two windows, the one that stays open is a crash report. Super annoying. I am sure its just a little configuration, but i tried a whole bunch and got annoyed and just went back to firefox. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hi 1984,

I have IE Advanced settings always set to the standard defaults and I use IE7Pro.

My IE7Pro settings are as listed.

I use WinXP Pro SP3 on a Dell Dimension 2400 32-bit.

I have no problems with IE7 and I do have all updates applied.

t2077_20081013013920.png

Hope this helps.

:) davey

It sounds like the crash report might have been added to your homepages. Click the little arrow beside the homepage symbol (house) and have a look at what homepages you have. If the crash report is there then remove it.

I'm using a vista 64 bit (doesnt happen on my 32 bit one) and it gives me an ie tab that says this:

Your last session crashed, Please review and open last URLs:Open selected pages

Close this Tab

Select All

Select None

Continue

Close this Tab after open selected pages

really annoying!

• Moderators

Are you using IE7Pro? If so, try uninstalling it, and see if that cures the problem. If it does, try a different version of IE7Pro.

I've picked up a few snippets from various places, and it seems IE7Pro can generate this problem. Davey isn't getting it, so it may be worthwhile checking his settings, and finding out which version he's using.

This is just one of the places I found relevant to your problem.

IE7Pro Forum:

Are you using IE7Pro? If so, try uninstalling it, and see if that cures the problem. If it does, try a different version of IE7Pro.

I've picked up a few snippets from various places, and it seems IE7Pro can generate this problem. Davey isn't getting it, so it may be worthwhile checking his settings, and finding out which version he's using.

This is just one of the places I found relevant to your problem.

IE7Pro Forum:

I use IE7 Pro and I have never had an issue with it. It's a very nice app and makes IE7 tolerable.