BATHURST V8 Supercar's 2008

craigathus

Well I know there are a few motor racing SPEED freaks out there :lol:

Hey Dennis ;)

Bathurst is on again! and the V8's are hitting the mountain.... "MT Panorama" this weekend!

You can check it out at:V8 SUPER CARS AUTRALIA

• Moderators

They usually show the V8 Supercars here on TV in the U.S. during the fall, and I can't wait to see them if it's shown this year. Some British Rally Cross would also be nice too, but it isn't shown that often.

They usually show the V8 Supercars here on TV in the U.S. during the fall, and I can't wait to see them if it's shown this year. Some British Rally Cross would also be nice too, but it isn't shown that often.

Hi Andervari ;)

Bathurst is the "BIG" race for us here in Australia :rolleyes:

It's a 1000 kilometer endurance race' that usually turns into a flat out sprint race :lol:

I know that Dennis is a fan of the V8's, and I'm happy to see that you like em too :lol:

• Moderators

This post jumped out and hit me right between the eyes craig. POW.

This is probably my absolute favourite race in all of motorsport. I'm just hoping the local TV stations will give it some coverage this year. Quite a few years ago, this is the race that showed UK TV companies what could be done with in-car cameras.

Stunning.

If I remember rightly, you and a mate went to last years race. Is that right?

This post jumped out and hit me right between the eyes craig. POW.

This is probably my absolute favourite race in all of motorsport. I'm just hoping the local TV stations will give it some coverage this year. Quite a few years ago, this is the race that showed UK TV companies what could be done with in-car cameras.

Stunning.

If I remember rightly, you and a mate went to last years race. Is that right?

Hey Dennis :lol: , not exactly...

I haven't been to see the race at Bathurst, however I have driven around the Mt Panorama circuit.

I've been to watch them> (V8 Supercars) at "Winton Motor Raceway" a few times, I live about 10km from Winton ;)

I like watching The Good Ol' Boys" racing around the track on TSN or ESPN:

http://www.nascar.com

I tried to get to see a race in CHARLOTTE but getting a place to stay nearby was impossible:

http://www.nascar.com/races/tracks/lms

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators
Hey Dennis :lol: , not exactly...

I haven't been to see the race at Bathurst, however I have driven around the Mt Panorama circuit.

I've been to watch them> (V8 Supercars) at "Winton Motor Raceway" a few times, I live about 10km from Winton ;)

I remember wrongly then. :D

I do remember you saying that now. Did you drive around the circuit in a "normal" car, or was it a lap in a V8? Meaning was it a gift from someone?

I'm waiting for someone treating me to a circuit of any track at all, on a two seater MotoGP bike, and second to that, a lap in a two seater F1 car. I remember seeing Murray Walker being driven round, I think Silverstone, in the two seater McLaren F1 car.

Even after commentating for heaven knows how many years on F1, he couldn't believe the acceleration and braking power of an F1 car.

• Moderators
second to that, a lap in a two seater F1 car. I remember seeing Murray Walker being driven round, I think Silverstone, in the two seater McLaren F1 car.

Gimme the keys and I'll give you a few fast laps around any F1 track of your liking. ;)

Even after commentating for heaven knows how many years on F1, he couldn't believe the acceleration and braking power of an F1 car.

A Depend moment? :lol:

• Moderators
Gimme the keys and I'll give you a few fast laps around any F1 track of your liking. ;)

A Depend moment? :lol:

Don't forget that race around the Nurburgring when one of us gets those magic numbers on the lottery.

And I daren't ask how you know about that "Depend" stuff. :unsure:..... :huh:..... :o..... :(

:lol:

Did you drive around the circuit in a "normal" car, or was it a lap in a V8? Meaning was it a gift from someone?

No Dennis it was just a plain ordinary car :lol:

The race track at Mt Panorama is a public road most of the time.

A few times a year it's closed and used as a race circuit.

• Moderators
Don't forget that race around the Nurburgring when one of us gets those magic numbers on the lottery.

And I daren't ask how you know about that "Depend" stuff. :unsure:..... :huh:..... :o..... :(

:lol:

The Nurburgring Nordschleife would be a must, and even a few laps on the revised F1 track too.

Depend is a bit of an urban saying "A Depends Moment," which is much nicer than saying the obvious. :lol: