Advanced Registry Optimizer

edallen

Does anyone have any experience with this software? I would like to hear your comments as I inadvertently downloaded it, somehow thinking it was Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.... I am not too swift... I did, in fact, download the Anti-Malware later for a 30 day trial, but in the meantime I am a little worried/wondering about this Advanced Registry since I feel it was a bit sneaky in the way it was on the same page as Malwarebytes. Anyway, I guess all I want to know is if it is safe and if it does any kind of good job. Thanks for helping me out.

I think I'll give it a wide birth:

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/registryoptimizer.com

What makes you think that it was on Malwarebytes site?

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I think I'll give it a wide birth:

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/registryoptimizer.com

What makes you think that it was on Malwarebytes site?

Because that was the site I was on; clicked the free download, next I know this Advanced Regisgtry, etfc. was downloading.... Looks like I should go ahead and uninstall it....

Because that was the site I was on; clicked the free download, next I know this Advanced Regisgtry, etfc. was downloading.... Looks like I should go ahead and uninstall it....
Probably your system is infected.

I would go to a non infected system and download SDFIX then put it on a Flash card then run it on the infected system:

http://downloads.andymanchesta.com/Removal...DFix_ReadMe.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic131299.html <== print this out

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Well, I uninstalled Advanced Registry Optimizer; ran McAfee SecurityCenter, CCleaner, Windows Defender and MalwareByte's Anti-Malware (full scan) soft. Nothing showed up on any of them and the computer seems to run fine.... Have my fingers crossed...

Thanks for your comments. I will try to have my head turned on the next time I decide to download something and make sure exactly what I am clicking on....

Hi edallen,

I all fairness to Malwarebytes, I should point out that this fact. When you saw that "Download" button that you pushed you were actually at a "download" site and not at Malwarebytes site.

You may want to advise Malwarebytes.org about the situation and explain what download site that you were using at the time.

Many members from this forum are also members of Malwarebytes.org because the software and malware removal that they provide is so important to all users.

This is the official Malwarebytes.org web page to download. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

I am certain that Malwarebytes.org would like to get the facts about this from you. It is very important to you and all of us.

Best wishes,

:) davey

Malwarebytes site is having very slow response for me and they are aware of the situation.

IE7Pro user

Davey, I did as you suggested and e-mailed them.

As I said before - completely my fault, just need to pay more attention - I have been hearing that for over 60 years!!! LOL

Davey, I did as you suggested and e-mailed them.

As I said before - completely my fault, just need to pay more attention - I have been hearing that for over 60 years!!! LOL

I know what you are saying but they need the facts just in case.

You are a good member in my book and my book is 60 yrs. also.

P.S. I take it that you are trying out the full version of Malwarebytes for 30 days.

The free version has no real-time scanning but it does everything else and it scans so fast !!!

I think I almost did that too. I have the post in the spyware section about my roommate's girlfriend's computer, and I almost started downloading that. I nearly freaked, then I realized what it did, because the download button for it is huge - the physical image.

AJ

Davey, are you there somewhere? I liked the trial version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware so I went ahead and bought it. Got the ID and Key, went to register it and got a "Thank you for registering" message. Then went to activate Safety Protection and got a message saying "This feature only works with registered programs". E-mailed Malwarebygte tech group yesterday - not a whisper so far. Any ideas?? :huh:

Davey, are you there somewhere? I liked the trial version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware so I went ahead and bought it. Got the ID and Key, went to register it and got a "Thank you for registering" message. Then went to activate Safety Protection and got a message saying "This feature only works with registered programs". E-mailed Malwarebygte tech group yesterday - not a whisper so far. Any ideas?? :huh:

Hi Ed,

They are "good folks". Register at their forum and you should get quick help.

I would go here for your specific problem.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=41

Hi Ed,

They are "good folks". Register at their forum and you should get quick help.

I would go here for your specific problem.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=41

Thanks, davey. I did go to the site and register. Wrote my sad story and will wait for someone to come along and help me out... I like the computer, but it drives me nuts!! LOL Thanks again for your help. I will come back here if and when I get an answer and some help.

OK. Went over to Malwarebytes site and registered. Almost at once one of the administrators came along and tried to help me with the problem. Determined I should un-install and then download and install from a site link he gave me. I did - but when I went to install I got a warning from McAfee Security that there was a Trojan horse inside and I should not install it. So, back to the board. The admin was afraid my machine was already infected and gave me a link to Dr. Web Anti-Virus so I could perform a scan. Man, what a scan - thought it would tear up the whole machine. LOL Anyway, completed with no viruses found. (Had to reboot to get things back in order again).

Then, this morning I finally got a message from the technical division of Malwarebytes stating that there was a problem with THEIR program and that they would refund my money if I wanted (I said yes, please) and that a new version would be released later this week with the problem solved (beta version).

So that is where it sits now. I think I may wait 10 days just to be safe and then download the trial version again and go ahead and purchase it... Hopefully all will go well.

Thanks to all of you who answered.

with the problem solved (beta version).

So that is where it sits now. I think I may wait 10 days just to be safe and then download the trial version again and go ahead and purchase it... Hopefully all will go well.

Thanks to all of you who answered.

Good luck to you. Go ahead and download the FREE VERSION for now.

It has served me well and I wouldn't be without it. It only takes about 7-8 mins. to update and run a Quick scan. I do it daily.

It only takes about 7-8 mins. to update and run a Quick scan. I do it daily.
I do this on my old 500MHZ PIII and it whizzes through in about 6 minutes but there is nothing much on it other than Avira anti virus and IE8 beta2.

IE7Pro user

Got notification of my refund ( wow, that was fast!! ) and decided to go ahead and download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again (trial version). Now that is being blocked my McAfee, too.... I understand from the other board that Marcin is working with McAfee to have them white list the supposed Trojan horse. ... I will just keep trying each day... Eventually all programs will work together, I hope. :lol:

Got notification of my refund ( wow, that was fast!! ) and decided to go ahead and download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again (trial version). Now that is being blocked my McAfee, too.... I understand from the other board that Marcin is working with McAfee to have them white list the supposed Trojan horse. ... I will just keep trying each day... Eventually all programs will work together, I hope. :lol:
I have some swamp and mosquito free Land in Florida that I think you could use.

It is called the Enron Estates but now it is being held by Lehman Brothers I believe.

IE7Pro user

Gee, that sounds great... Just kidding.

But I hear so many good things about Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program that it seems a shame that people who use McAfee cannot run it... Is this some kind of sinister plot by McAfee?? Beat on Malwarebytes, then buy them out at a low price... Well, my imagination tends to run away some times....

I would dump McAfee and go with Avast! or Avira AntiVir which I use.

The only McAfee application I use is SiteAdvisor but I am starting to like Web of Trust ( WoT ) more.

MBAM is good and I use it just as a check each day to see if something may have slipped into my system and thankfully nothing has yet.

IE7Pro user

Gee, that sounds great... Just kidding.

But I hear so many good things about Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program that it seems a shame that people who use McAfee cannot run it... Is this some kind of sinister plot by McAfee?? Beat on Malwarebytes, then buy them out at a low price... Well, my imagination tends to run away some times....

Please see:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...amp;#entry29733

IE7Pro user

Saw on the Malabytes site that McAfee was no longer interfering with the download of Anti-Malware, so I gave it a whirl. And it went through smooth as silk. So I have the trial version on my computer now; plan to purchase the full version in a few days... Glad this worked out.