Using Erunt

razz

Please excuse my ignorance regarding these matters, but, would backing up the registry with something like System Mechanic (6. 7 or 8) not be equally as good as backing up with Erunt. Also...if you made a point of creating a system restore point (with built in XP, Vista function), would that not also serve as a good registry backup?

Thank you for your time.

Please excuse my ignorance regarding these matters, but, would backing up the registry with something like System Mechanic (6. 7 or 8) not be equally as good as backing up with Erunt. Also...if you made a point of creating a system restore point (with built in XP, Vista function), would that not also serve as a good registry backup?

Thank you for your time.

Hi razz,

Welcome :D

Good questions.

As far as backups are concerned, I think that you will find that most experienced PC users will use at least ERUNT and System Restore. Either one can save you in a scrape. Either one or the other.

I had one situation where having both gave me a better result in the end. Either one missing and it meant I had lots more work to do to recover, not that I couldn't "recover" using just one.

Other backup products are also an extra security net for special users.

I think all users should use these two as a minimum to help "recover" your system to operable condition.

Added Free backup programs like Karen's Replicator are also recommended to backup all files that you wish. This includes system files and user files. I backup everything. :P

http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptreplicator.asp Karen's Replicator

Bookmark it and save to Favorites.

Good luck,

:) davey

• Moderators

Plain and simple: ERUNT will save you when System Restore fails to recover your registry!

Registry cleaners that backup to a .REG file are alright but it's not as fool proof as using System Restore coupled with ERUNT.