crt color purity is higher... [crt wins]

crt response time is lower... [crt wins]

crt viewing angle is wider... [crt wins]

crt have flickering effect... [lcd wins]

lcd is much more expensive... [crt wins]

lcd consume less energy... [lcd wins]

lcd image brightness is higher... [lcd wins]

lcd may contain dead pixels... [crt wins]

crt is better for gaming because it have lower response time...

--==aGumon==--

i am using crt monitor... i have tried to work on my friend lcd monitor... even the school lcd monitor... the colors displayed are not the same when i am doing at home... it is much better at home (crt)...

I use LCD, it's not that expensive and works just as well -if not better- than a CRT.

maybe i am a bit outdated in the new lcd technologies... :lol:

--==aGumon==--

i am using crt monitor... i have tried to work on my friend lcd monitor... even the school lcd monitor... the colors displayed are not the same when i am doing at home... it is much better at home (crt)...

maybe i am a bit outdated in the new lcd technologies... :lol:

It also changes as to the angle you look at it. Go to any store that sells them and look at them from all angles. They're really nice and some are 300USD or less.

• Moderators

LCD should last many years longer than CRT.

Whenever I use my old Win98 computer the CRT screen really gives me some eye trouble, it looks ultra fuzzy when compared to the sharp and crisp display my LCD produces. I think my need for stronger glasses each year was caused by using a CRT monitor for a little over five years.

• Moderators

I have a 17in flat screen crt on one my pcs and the quality is actually quite good. It dosent hasent given me any problems. I have seen the ghosting that can happen when playing games with an lcd and decided to stay away.

If your playing games I would make sure that the LCD has a response of 16ms or less. Otherwise your going to have ghosting effects that will make the game unbearable to play.

I've got a FPD1750 17" LCD flat panel display analog (17" viewable) (12ms response time)

Also depends what type of game you play. Example Quake is high-speed and requires a high refresh-rate. But Command and Conquer dont need high refresh rate.

The colors are less good on TFT/LCD displays.

The maximum resolution is lower on TFT/LCD monitors.

Some TFT/LCD monitors are actually pretty cheap.

If you use a CRT monitor and notice flicker or get annoyed or eye trouble, then change the sync rate to as high as possible. 100 hz is very good. 60 hz is very bad. I recommend 85 hz or higher.

When you buy a monitor besure that its TCO'03 certified.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png