System Restore or ERUNT

Icedrake

Which one should have? ERUNT or System Restore or both? I'm thinking about just ERUNT, but I just want to know what everyone's opinion is on what I should do.

If Icedrake fell off a building, would Icedrake want 1 safety net below or 2 safety nets below?

:) davey

P.S.

I have needed ERUNT. http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/index.htm

Print off the ERUNT "Read Me" text and read it. Label it with big bold leters "Emergency Recovery" then file it with your Install and Boot recovery disks. They all have their purposes and need to be ready when needed.

Believe me ! I have been there and done that. As soon as the ERUNT "EMERGENCY RECOVERY" listing was in my nervous shaking hands, the panic drained away and my brain started to function in "normal" mode versus "panic" mode. You do not want to be in "panic" mode for too long or else you will do some stupid things.

System Restore is part of the process also.

I have at times gotten by with System Restore.

I haven't needed Boot discs or System Recovery or re-install yet.

Yes, I have needed and had other "Back Up" files also.

That is why I tell users about Karen's free Replicator program. It is simple to use and reliable.

Karen's Replicator

http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptreplicator.asp

Bookmark it and save to Favorites.

Edited by davey

• Moderators

You actually should use both ERUNT and System Restore. ERUNT is good for just registry related issues and restoration only. When combined with System Restore there shouldn't be too much trouble you can't get out of rather easily and quickly. With that said if System Restore ever fails to restore from a restore point, you'll be thanking yourself for having ERUNT to restore the registry.

Of course since System Restore is known to fail sometimes it's a very good practice to track installations with either Total Uninstall 2.35 (Last Freeware Version) or ZSoft Uninstaller, since ERUNT doesn't deal with left over files/folders on the disk from an installation.