Symantec Services

Winapp2.ini

Symantec = Norton. Norton sucks. But deleting Services? I assume it's both safe and best to just Disable them. That way if you needed them for some God-forsaken unknown reason, you could Able them again. "Disabled" is like breaking their necks in a Schwarzenegger kind of way. "Could my friend have a blanket? He's just dead." They can't turn back on without your permission.

I consider Norton legal spyware, I think those services are the reason my computer comes up as having norton on it. The norton removal tool doesn't even work :P It just flashes a command prompt window and disappears :S

I disabled them, and by your advice I wont delete them.

The last time I used Symantec Norton products the removal tool was me. :lol:

Start regedit then go to Find then search on Norton then delete the entry it finds by using Del then F3 ( repeat find )

Go back to the beginning of the registry then search on Symantec then delete the entry it finds.

Rinse. Lather. Repeat as necessary.

This removes the plethora of droppings that the Symantec cretins insist on leaving behind.

Then use Search to find Norton then Symantec file or Folder droppings so that you can send them to &Hotplace.

I'm telling you how I really feel.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user