Fastest Train Ever

Humpty

Train, Plane or UFO?

Just to see it live at top speed would be awesome even though the sighting wouldn't last too long. :blink:

The TGV is France's high-speed rail service developed by GEC-Alsthom (now Alstom) and SNCF, the French national rail operator, and operated primarily by SNCF. Following the inaugural TGV service between Paris and Lyon in 1981, the TGV network, centred on Paris, has expanded to connect cities across France and in adjacent countries. It holds the record for the fastest wheeled train, having reached 574.8 km/h (357 mph) on 3 April 2007, and also holds the world's highest average speed for a regular passenger service. TGV is a registered trademark of SNCF. TGV trains travel at up to 320 km/h (200 mph) in commercial use.

Fastest Train Vid

• Moderators

Awesome. The shot of it going under the bridge really showed the speed.

To put this into some sort of context, when I was in my twenties, I often travelled backwards and forwards to London by train. Back then the best way to do it was by "Sleeper".

Embark at something like midnight, and arrive in London 7.00am the next morning. A distance of only 280 miles approx.

How times have changed.

• Moderators
Embark at something like midnight, and arrive in London 7.00am the next morning. A distance of only 280 miles approx.

How times have changed.

Indeed the travel length was a journey in of itself, however seeing the scenery is a "selling point."

Times could change even more with some Star Trek tech if only teleportation could go from the realm of science fiction to science faction, however we'll never see the day if its even possible.

Awesome. The shot of it going under the bridge really showed the speed.

To put this into some sort of context, when I was in my twenties, I often travelled backwards and forwards to London by train. Back then the best way to do it was by "Sleeper".

How times have changed.

When I was a youngster my mum would put me on the train in Durham and my grandparents would meet me in London where I would stay for the summer vacation.

It sure wasn't 500KM/hour and more like 80KM/hour but I loved the smell of the smoke and the steam.

When I was in Japan I took the Bullet Train from Mount Fuji back to Tokyo and was impressed by its speed that was about 200KM/hour and cleanliness.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators
When I was a youngster my mum would put me on the train in Durham and my grandparents would meet me in London where I would stay for the summer vacation.

Hey Yokenny, I live only 20 mins from Durham. Are you originally from this part of the world?

• Moderators
Wow....imagine if that thing derailed.....holy crapppp. I'm surprised it actually runs on rails.

AJ

We must be thinking alike because those train tracks didn't look like the type I've seen for other bullet trains where the wheels have a contact point above and below the tracks. I was really wondering how that train kept itself on the tracks.

We need bullet trains in the U.S.!

Hey Yokenny, I live only 20 mins from Durham. Are you originally from this part of the world?
We lived on the north side of Durham up near Chester-le-Street and we emigrated to Canada in '57 because my mum saw the opportunities available for much cheaper education because at that time the only outlook was either the Coal Mines or military service.

We came with another family and it was a great adventure for me at the time.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

I might have seen you Yokenny as I was born just a few miles from Chester-le-street.

When I go back up visiting I always wave to Dennis, who hangs onto the 'Angel of the North ' statue, also waving, as I pass :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com