Opera 9.25

CeeCee

http://www.opera.com/download/

Security

-Fixed an issue where plug-ins could be used to allow cross domain scripting, as reported by David Bloom. Details will be disclosed at a later date.

-Fixed an issue with TLS certificates that could be used to execute arbitrary code, as reported by Alexander Klink (Cynops GmbH). Details will be disclosed at a later date.

-Rich text editing can no longer be used to allow cross domain scripting, as reported by David Bloom. See our advisory.

-Prevented bitmaps from revealing random data from memory, as reported by Gynvael Coldwind. Details will be disclosed at a later date.

Miscellaneous

-Fixed a problem where malformed BMP files could cause Opera to temporarily freeze.

• 2 months later...

Opera 9.26 released. This is also a recommened security update.

Release Notes

This release is a recommended security and stability upgrade. See the Security section for additional information.

Changes Since Opera 9.25

Security

Fixed an issue where simulated text inputs could trick users into uploading arbitrary files, as reported by Mozilla. See our advisory.

Image properties can no longer be used to execute scripts, as reported by Max Leonov. See our advisory.

Fixed an issue where the representation of DOM attribute values could allow cross site scripting, as reported by Arnaud.lb. See our advisory.

Miscellaneous

Fixed a stability issue found in Opera 9.0 to 9.25, when Opera connects securely to Windows Server 2008 or other servers supporting the TLS Certificate Status extension.

Additional stability fixes.

• Moderators

Opera is the only program I've ever had that will not connect to the internet, even after spending time on their forum trying to find out why.

Of all things that could have this problem, you wouldn't expect the only one I've come across to be a web browser. ;)

Opera is the only program I've ever had that will not connect to the internet, even after spending time on their forum trying to find out why.

Of all things that could have this problem, you wouldn't expect the only one I've come across to be a web browser. ;)

You still haven't figured that one out yet? That would be very annoying to me. I hate it when things like that happen and you seem to be the only one and there is no logical reason for the problem. Drives me crazy :blink:

• Moderators

I had that problem starting in one of the version 7 releases when it would no longer work with my proxy-based ad filtering software and nothing I attempted would fix the issue, so I had no choice but to use Firefox.

I actually just gave Opera a bit of a test and was pretty impressed with the speed of browsing and page rendering, was certainly a bit faster than Firefox. BUT can I live without the functionality of my FF extensions? No. So functionality over speed wins the day for Firefox.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...