disk write protection

for whatever reason my thumb drive wont let me delete the files on it. its super annoying because its pretty much full and i want to swap new stuff on it. how do i get rid of the protection? i didnt put it on there, and its my drive so im assuming a hardware issue?

It's the FORCE LUKE!!

Make yourself Happy.Someone else needs to read those books you have accumulated. Pass them on and restore the balance of the Universe!!!

A certain Lady will be Happy also.

Your solution is forth coming!!! :D

• Moderators

1984 check there isn't a very tiny switch on the side of the thumb drive this, if it's in a certain position, can do that.

It can also be caused by removing the thumb drive without using the 'safely remove hardware' icon on the taskbar. In other words things can still be being transfered when you remove it

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I'm guessing "davey" is a Star Wars fan :lol:

Of course, isn't EVERYONE???

This time it's Obiwan Hazelnut coming through with the solution.

I bet she does gobs of research and has a sharp memory. :)

1984 check there isn't a very tiny switch on the side of the thumb drive this, if it's in a certain position, can do that.

It can also be caused by removing the thumb drive without using the 'safely remove hardware' icon on the taskbar. In other words things can still be being transfered when you remove it

LOL! my stupidity knows no bounds at times. There was a tiny switch on the side thats covered by the swivel case for it. problem fixed. lol.. thanks all! Hazel you rock!