Interesting Web Browsers

Humpty

There are more browsers than you are aware of. Besides Firefox, Opera and Internet Explorer there is a number of promising alternatives which can improve your flexibility, increase your productivity and enrich your browsing experience.

In fact, there are over 100 existing (although not widely used) browser applications. Most of them make use of the rendering engines Trident (Internet Explorer), Gecko (Mozilla Firefox), WebCore (Safari) and Presto (Opera 7 and above). However, some of them offer large fields for experiments and exploration ? e.g. 3D Engines, but also really useful browsers with advanced functionalities such as desktop-tools integration.

Recently we?ve selected over 20 Win/Mac/Linux-browsers, installed most of them, tested them, compared them and now present the results below. Let?s take a closer look at some rather unknown, forgotten, advanced or experimental browsers. What else do we have on the horizon? What should we use? And what might we be willing to use? Apparently, between Firefox, Opera and Internet Explorer there is enough room for creative and unusual approaches.

Article

• Moderators

It's a good site all round that Humpty.

Apart from the info on the browsers which should tempt folk to have a go of something different, there is also some good reading from links on the right (as well as wallpaper!)

EDIT..

Been using Sleipnir the Japanese browser for a couple of hours now, it's not bad at all. The only problem I had at install was the Gecko and trident engine, my system didn't want it, but it didn't matter as that is for you to use Firefox and IE with it, and I don't use Firefox so it didn't matter.

All in all I like it.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I have been using the Portable Firefox for a little while now and it is an awesome browser. I have it set up so it is an exact replica of my installed version. 15 extensions and 4 skins and they all run flawlessly on my USB thumb drive. When it's time to do a reinstall of Firefox on my machines I am probably not going to bother with regular FF but I will just use the portable version. It has everything contained in one folder. Set it up once and than it's just a matter of copying and pasting the FF folder to any machine you want and it's done. Interesting thing about Portable Firefox is you can still use Firefox's internal update feature. Let it check for and install the regular Firefox updates/patches and they work no problem. I have not found a extension that does not work portably yet. I have the Google Tool Bar, All In One Side Bar, Cooliris, Tab Mix Plus, Ad Block Plus among many others and they all work perfectly. I see no need for the regular Firefox to be installed. Portable Firefox is much easier to maintain and leaves nothing behind on a system. Moving from machine to machine is a joke so is backing it up. Just extract to a folder and create a short cut to the Desktop.

If anybody is interested in trying out the new Firefox 3 but doesn't want to mess with their current install just use the Portable version. Just extract it to a folder anywhere you like and it's self contained in one folder and will not interfere in any way with your current install of Firefox. You can get it here http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable/test

That's a really good find Humpty (thumbs up).

Back in the old days, I used to try almost every new web browsers that I found. I found most of them are useless.

I'll try this spacetime3d, and Firefox 3 portable. They look promising.

ps: This forum definitely needs more emoticons!