Motorcycle daredevil Evel Knievel dies

Humpty

Evel used to enthrall me when I was a much younger fella with some of his stunts.

May he rest in peace. :(

Motorcycle daredevil Evel Knievel has died in Florida at the age of 69, said his granddaughter Krysten Knievel.

Knievel, who was born Robert Craig Knievel, had been in poor health for several years, suffering from diabetes and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, an incurable condition that scarred his lungs.

He died on Friday.

Knievel had a liver transplant in 1999 after almost dying of hepatitis C, likely contracted through a blood transfusion after one of his bone-shattering spills.

Immortalized in Washington's Smithsonian Institution as "America's Legendary Daredevil," Knievel was best known for a failed 1974 attempt to jump Snake River Canyon on a rocket-powered cycle and a spectacular crash at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas. He suffered nearly 40 broken bones before he retired in 1980.

Article

That guy had the biggest pair ever. I can't even begin to imagine attempting the things he tried. His son has a pair to but it's different. He seen his dad do the stunts and he has all the technology going for him. Evil really didn't have any body before him and he just jumped on a big heavy Harley and held on for dear life. He was a very cool guy.

R.I.P. Evel :(

When I was a kid, me and my mates where all ways trying "Evel Knievel" type stunts on our push bikes :lol:

• Moderators

He'll be greatly missed and was a complete thrill to me as a young child seeing his stunts on live t.v., which got me to liking motorcycles although I've never owned one (thank goodness for games like Tourist Trophy).

As cool as I think Evil is he was out of line on this one. He went after this guy with a baseball bat while some of Evil's buddies held the guy. Evil beat the crap out of him while both his arms where still in casts from one of his crashes :blink: He almost killed the guy. Did six months if I remember correctly for what was basically an attempted murder.

As cool as I think Evil is he was out of line on this one. He went after this guy with a baseball bat while some of Evil's buddies held the guy. Evil beat the crap out of him while both his arms where still in casts from one of his crashes :blink: He almost killed the guy. Did six months if I remember correctly for what was basically an attempted murder.

I completely agree but why decide you want the money right after he's died, should have dealt with it at the time, deciding to go after his money now is just sick IMO

I completely agree but why decide you want the money right after he's died, should have dealt with it at the time, deciding to go after his money now is just sick IMO

Yeah the timing is not good. I'm not defending that. Maybe the guy figures it will be easier now. From what I read Evil avoided paying this guy and was offering to settle for far less that what was asked for.