I WANT MY COMPUTER BACK

HELP NEEDED

I am in need of HELP. I downloaded CCleaner a couple of months ago and when it asked me what files to clean, I believe I said yes to all. Since then a lot of things have changed in my computer. I can not access Task Manager because it gives me an error message stating that Task Manager has been disabled by Administrator. I do not have a Control Panel any longer. When I try to raise the volume on my computer the bars that typically showed on my screen are all gone. mY 3 in 1 printer does not scan or recognize the scanner any longer. And a whole bunch of other things that I try to access are being denied. Even when I log in as Administrator, it does not allow me to make any changes. I have tried going to system restore, and it still is not going back to normal. PLEASE HELP ME. Is there a way to undo the last cleaning and get back all the information I lost and don't have access to any longer?

I am in need of HELP. I downloaded CCleaner a couple of months ago and when it asked me what files to clean, I believe I said yes to all. Since then a lot of things have changed in my computer. I can not access Task Manager because it gives me an error message stating that Task Manager has been disabled by Administrator. I do not have a Control Panel any longer. When I try to raise the volume on my computer the bars that typically showed on my screen are all gone. mY 3 in 1 printer does not scan or recognize the scanner any longer. And a whole bunch of other things that I try to access are being denied. Even when I log in as Administrator, it does not allow me to make any changes. I have tried going to system restore, and it still is not going back to normal. PLEASE HELP ME. Is there a way to undo the last cleaning and get back all the information I lost and don't have access to any longer?

If system restore dosent help you then I would think your looking at an OS reload. Although most of those problems/issues dont seem to be related to CC. Wish I had better news and a solution for you. Your running XP on a laptop? Just currious. You could try reinstalling your drivers (Printer, OSD etc) however the OS problems will remain.

Hi, Help Needed. :D

How about this. Post a HijackThis log just in case the problem is malaware related. It really doesn't sound like something caused by CCleaner...???

download HJT from:

http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/to...ckthis/download

Post the log in this forum:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showforum=12

Spyware moderators will review it and make recommendations. Don't do anything until they say to.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

I am having similar problems. But I don't know when they occurred. I have run CCleaner a week ago and now find that I can't open my CD drive with the keyboard. (function F10). I also do not get the bar graph on the screen when I adjust the volume with the keyboard functions.

I'm running XP on a dell laptop.

I read somewhere on the CCleaner site that if you back up the registry before its cleaned you can "merge" the saved registry information back into the cleaned version if you have problems. But now I can no longer find the place where this procedure is described. Does anything know something about this?

I am having similar problems. But I don't know when they occurred. I have run CCleaner a week ago and now find that I can't open my CD drive with the keyboard. (function F10). I also do not get the bar graph on the screen when I adjust the volume with the keyboard functions.

I'm running XP on a dell laptop.

I read somewhere on the CCleaner site that if you back up the registry before its cleaned you can "merge" the saved registry information back into the cleaned version if you have problems. But now I can no longer find the place where this procedure is described. Does anything know something about this?

Ok. Someone else gave me info on what merge does in another thread. I'm going to try to merge back the backup reg files and see if it solves my problem. I'll let people know if it does.

Unistall your version of CCleaner and re-install it. When you do you will see a list of settings DO NOT select "Replace task Manager"

this will cure most of your problems. While you are there de-select any other options that may interfere with you OS settings.

Checkmate444

I can not access Task Manager because it gives me an error message stating that Task Manager has been disabled by Administrator. I do not have a Control Panel any longer.

These sound like policies/restrictions the likes of which are caused by a lot of current malware (SDbot type worms, other trojans)

I suggest you post a HijackThis log in the appropriate section of this forum, so that one of the analysts can have a look at your configuration.

• 4 months later...

please I got a Really BIG Problem with the Cccleaner, it's installed, nd a time like 2 months after installing it i wanted to make some changes on it, but each time I restarted t compueter it was set all clean, yeah really nice, but later i need to make some unistalls or installs nd changes at the computer nd it appears alright till i restarted windows, then, at login, all the programs i just installed dissapeared, nd the ones I unistalled re-appeared, then i tried to unistall the CCcleaner nd, it was all right till again t computer asked me to restart, so i did, but again at the login, the CC was there, just like a nightmare ready to make my suffer.

PLZ HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:(:(:(:(

Philip

any help u cld give me send any information to my mail xxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by hazelnut
Double posting the same information.