how do I add CCleaner to the start menu?

Mikkie

While installing CCleaner, I unchecked the "add CCleaner to start menu"(or something like that..) because there were too many programs on the start menu already. But now I want to put it in the start menu. I'm no computer techie, so how do I do it? Thanks! :D

//NANA\\

While installing CCleaner, I unchecked the "add CCleaner to start menu"(or something like that..) because there were too many programs on the start menu already. But now I want to put it in the start menu. I'm no computer techie, so how do I do it? Thanks! :D

On Win XP Home I do it this way:

Find CCleaner in program files, right click the CCleaner icon and create shortcut. Cut it and go to C (or whatever your drive is called), Documents and settings > All Users > Start Menu > Programs... then right click and create new folder in that called CCleaner, then open it and paste the shortcut. Rename the shortcut from Shortcut to CCleaner to just CCleaner and voila. Although you miss the uninsall and homepage option

Or more simply, just reinstall CCleaner, it overwrites itself so you should not end up with 2.

I have a lot of apps on my start menu but I use the small menu and non-cascade setting to avoid not being able to find something ;)

Quicker indeed WhiteShark, although I have disabled drag and drop on the desktop, would I still be able to do it this way? (Not my question I know - but I am always looking to learn new stuff).

BTW. I am downloading the Winapp 32 file for CCleaner and I noticed the google video player is spelt goolge on the first line - is it meant to be like this? Only ask as I know somethings have to be renamed for one reason or another (I am an intermediate so am still learning this stuff).

• Moderators
Quicker indeed WhiteShark, although I have disabled drag and drop on the desktop, would I still be able to do it this way? (Not my question I know - but I am always looking to learn new stuff).

BTW. I am downloading the Winapp 32 file for CCleaner and I noticed the google video player is spelt goolge on the first line - is it meant to be like this? Only ask as I know somethings have to be renamed for one reason or another (I am an intermediate so am still learning this stuff).

Well spotted about google!

Will tell Twisted Metal via pm in case he misses this thread.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Andavari told me about the spelling mistake a while back. I will fix it once I update it. I only have 1 new entry. It's just not worth updating it yet.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

I' had never noticed that is possible disable drag&drop on the desktop.

I'm always looking to learn something new as well :)

Thanks.

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy