Windows size being reset

molitar

Ok it seems their is a new application setting being cleaned that erases saved window sizes. Would this be the More Windows Explorer? Or something else? And what is the More Windows Explorer? And if that is not what is clearing the window sizes than what is because I'm really getting tired of resetting CCleaner size everytime I run it now.

Do you have windows size/location ticked in the advanced section?

No option that says that in CCleaner 2.x but I do have save all settings to ini file. And this just started with the latest version that I updated. And this issue just started recently and it is only affecting CCleaner.

Are you saying it is just the CCleaner program window itself that is affected, nothing on my documents or any other window?

I am having the same problem here. each time I size the CCleaner window to the size I want and when I restart it is once again a small window. Never had this problem until the last update.

• Moderators
I am having the same problem here. each time I size the CCleaner window to the size I want and when I restart it is once again a small window. Never had this problem until the last update.

If you're by chance using the /AUTO parameter with CCleaner "CCleaner.exe /AUTO" that will cause the CCleaner window to be sized small when you run CCleaner normally (without using the /AUTO parameter). It has always did that, for as long as I can remember.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm.. this problem has recently cropped up again.. And no I have that option unchecked and ONLY CCleaner is losing it's size on the latest build version. x.507. And ONLY after I run the Run Cleaner option in CCleaner and that windows size is unchecked if it was not all my other programs would lose their size which they are not.

Ok after further testing I have found the problem.

WINDOW_HEIGHT=726WINDOW_LEFT=0WINDOW_MAX=0WINDOW_TOP=0WINDOW_WIDTH=1025

If EITHER the WINDOW_LEFT=0 or WINDOW_TOP=0 reaches a value of negative.. for example dragging the window all the way to the left makes it WINDOW_LEFT=-3 than it resets to the settings below.

WINDOW_HEIGHT=450WINDOW_LEFT=202WINDOW_MAX=0WINDOW_TOP=143WINDOW_WIDTH=620

So it seems to be a bug with negative x/y coordinates.