WEB 2.0

craigathus

WEB 2.0, what web sites are classed as WEB 2.0 sites?

How do you tell if you are visiting one of these "new generation" WEB 2.0 sites?

How long is a piece of string? just joking :D lol.

I looked up WEB 2.0 on "wikipedia" to try and find some answers :huh: , I think I know all there is to know about it now :blink:

Please don't ask me to explain...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web2.0

• Moderators

The first sentence offers a clue:

The phrase Web 2.0 refers to a perceived second generation of web-based communities and hosted services ? such as social-networking sites, wikis and folksonomies ? which aim to facilitate collaboration and sharing between users.

They should also mention that "you're Web 2.0 is gonna stink if you're on dial-up."

• Moderators
I was on dialup until just over a year ago... I started with AOL, and then we eventually got a second PC, and my dad realized that we needed it.

You need broadband just to quickly download the monthly Microsoft updates, let alone everything else. The nice thing about broadband too is that it doesn't tie up the telephone line for hours on end.

You need broadband just to quickly download the monthly Microsoft updates, let alone everything else. The nice thing about broadband too is that it doesn't tie up the telephone line for hours on end.

Unless you live in NZ... where the old monopoly is kicking up a stink about having to share customers... and the poor consumers who have been sucked into staying with them are getting dialup speeds on supposedly "max-speed" connections...

brysbannerzb2.jpg

• Moderators
Unless you live in NZ... where the old monopoly is kicking up a stink about having to share customers... and the poor consumers who have been sucked into staying with them are getting dialup speeds on supposedly "max-speed" connections...

I know all too well about ISP's promising one thing and delivering something less than promised which is why I've been through a horde of them.

My download speed for files is supposed to be at about 256 kb, but in reality they never go over 159 kb which puts my actual download speed in between ISDN and slow DSL, however it's better than dial-up. Needless to say when my obligation to the contract I'm on is up in November 2008 I'll be ISP hopping again for something faster.